Cobalt 263-Volvo Power

Notices

Cobalt 263-Volvo Power

Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt 263-Volvo Power

Hi Group,
Recently purchased a used 263 with the Volvo 8.1 and DPS drive. Love the look and functionality of the boat as I can still trailer it and wander the midwest with it.

Anyone have experience with the duoprop drive? Specifically the trim sending unit. Prior to purchase I saw that the trim gauge didn't work and I had it inspected and the dealer (stealer) told me that it was a dead gauge. I purchased a new gauge (to my surprise only like $25 direct from Cobalt) and hooked it up to find that it still doesn't work. At this point I'd like to assume that it's the sending unit. Anyone have experience on changing the sending unit on the Volvo Duoprop drive and is it fairly simple to do?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Almost forgot to share a picture....

Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice boat, the sending unit is attached to the upper starboard side of the outdrive. If you can get a hold of the service manuals it will walk you through how to test and replace it. Someone here might have the link to where you can download them otherwise post in the Volvo section on iBoats.com and DonS will more than likely help you out. Good luck...
Old 11-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Thanks for the help...I'll see if I can find it on iBoats. That site is a little scrambled but I'll see what I can do . Just tucked the boat away yesterday for the long Wisconsin winter. Damn I need to move south!
Old 11-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

what year 263 is it? That will make a big differance on which sender you have and how you need to check it and or replace it.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.volvopenta.com/volvopenta...on_search.aspx

Should be able to track down the manual in that link, just need your serial number...