Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Concept
30' Concept best deal in the country! >

30' Concept best deal in the country!

Notices

30' Concept best deal in the country!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the 250's your looking for but I have 225 optis and they have plenty of power for this hull, boat looks real clean. I think the price is a little high

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...g_id=5224&url=
Old 06-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
Not the 250's your looking for but I have 225 optis and they have plenty of power for this hull, boat looks real clean. I think the price is a little high

Pete

Yeah that boat is on my radar. It is only about 3 hours from my house in MD. So provided its on the market still I intend to go look at it. To be honest, at first I thought It might have been your boat. Then after trolling on OSO I came to the conclusion it wasn't.

The real problem I have here is my instinct tells me I really only need a 30 for many reasons. But ive found a couple 36's for the same price range. My experience is normally that you should get all the boat you can for your money. But then again I only have a C2500 with a 6.0L so weight is a factor. Also the extra 6 feet drastically effect parking and launching!

We will see.

John

Last edited by jadento; 06-04-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo's
Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete280

Pretty sure those are EFI's not opti's, in that case they can be converted to 250's or even a bit more with Simon's help quite easy.

Edit, just saw it say's opti in the ad.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Pretty sure those are EFI's not opti's, in that case they can be converted to 250's or even a bit more with Simon's help quite easy.

Edit, just saw it say's opti in the ad.
rchevelle71,
Your right the ad does say optimax, in the pics you can just see saltwater written on them. I guess they might say optimax on the back?
Old 06-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered

it's only an 1hr from me but I dont get up that way, there are some OSO members that live up thta way if you want eyes on it, I think T500hps is close to West Pt. I would verify EFI vs Opti, everyone I see that says saltwater is an EFI but like you said it might be on the back. I have heard that the 225opti is rated at 248 hp, not sure if it's true (read on internet), I have seen 65 gps but I switched too 4 blades, it probably dropped my top end a little (my gps isnt working) but it settles the boat down so it's worth it for a better ride.

I tow my 30 with a Yukon so a 2500 would be fine for a 36.

I love my boat and love the optis, they sounds like they could run all day at 5500-5900 rpm.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered

Here is an 04 225 opti on ebay,..So I guess some of them did say saltwater on the side and Optimax on the back...
2004 Mercury 225XXL Optimax Saltwater Outboard Boat Motor 25" Shaft Power Trim | eBay

btw...for what its worth. NADA says $38,200 with no options, 200 HP outboards and no trailer. Since it is has 225hp optimaxs, trim tabs, 48 mile radar, and a trailer I would say its worth a little more than that. But lookin at the pictures in the ad, I can see some of the vinyl looks a bit dirty and for sure the powder coat on the side of the throttle is chipped off from corrosion. I can only guess stuff like that must be happening in other spots on the boat.

Pete...what have you personally found fuel consumption to be like with your boat?

Anyhow, as I said if the boat is still on the market ina couple weeks I will get more serious about looking at it or having someone closer look at it.

John
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

They sip fuel and oil and dont smoke at all,

I would say 40-45K is a good number, last spring I bought my 2000 with 06 motors (327 hrs) for 35K, I have put about 5k into it for upholstery and misc stuff, it's looking good now.