Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Concept
Help me find a 30! >

Help me find a 30!

Notices

Help me find a 30!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Boat made it to my house today. Was a long trip! 180 miles took over 6 hours.Needless to say, it did not go as smooth as I would have hoped. 30 minutes into the trip a trailer tire threw the tread. I had two spares so I put one on. Unfortunately it was low on air so I limped it to a gas station. Blocked in about 10 people while at the air hose. Anyhow, get the tire up to 50psi pull the air hose off the valve stem and the whole valve stem blows off. So now i'm down two tires! The last spare is not a good tire and is not going to make the 150+ miles. After an hour of phone calls I find a place that can get me new tires within 90 minutes and is willing to mount and install them when I get there. So I limp the whole rig to the firestone in mechanicsville and they promptly go to work. Props to them! Crazy but $315 and 90 minutes later we were back on the road with 4 new tires and two spares again. We rolled for a couple hours no problem. Then about 20 miles from the house the truck exhaust changed pitch. Then about a mile later the exhaust got loud! Pull over and the down pipe at the collector from the exhaust manifold has broken off. So is open manifold on the driver side. I make and executive decision and push forward. It was loud! But after having a couple close calls with the police around me and an open header tow vehicle we made it home! Hope this isnt a sign of how things are going to go with this boat!

John
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, sorry to hear about the trip, it sounded like the seller trailered a lot so hopefully ot was just dumb luck. What was your tow vehicle?
Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Truck is a 00' C2500 with a 6.0. Which tows it fine. The exhaust thing has came apart there before. I re welded it last night. So its good to go again for now. If it happens again I will probably replace the whole y pipe.