27' owners >

27' owners

Notices

27' owners

Old 05-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27' owners

Can you share your set-ups on motor height?
What motor?
What prop?
Performance with current set-up?

I'm currently running a 300 ProMax with a 30" shaft (25" with a 5" spacer) on a B-Bracket spinning a 21 Mirage Plus.. My prop CL is 2.5" below the bottom.
That puts my cavitation plate right at 3 3/4" above the bottom. I'm thinking a can bring it up an inch or 2 more but that requires removing the spacer, buying
a new shaft and studs. After that is completed and I lower the motor as low as it will go, the prop will be 2" higher then my current set-up.

My new Livorsi tach is not reading correctly at anything above 4K (Livorsi wants me to send back for repair) so I can't say what RPM's I'm turning but
best speed of 58 so far with very limited testing.

Anybody care to share there numbers?

Thanks, LF
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running a Yamaha 300 HPDI with a 25" shaft on the top hole of the bracket and spinning a 23p mirage plus. haven't really spent a lot of time trying to wring the last mph out of her but have a gps best of 61.7. I have a t-top versus the arch so I'm pretty sure that scrubs a few mph... I think you need to raise your motor height.
Attached Thumbnails 27' owners-image.jpg  
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm I'll get some measurements this weekend. I just bought the boat and have not had any really good test time. go figure everybody, their brothers and their children wants a ride on the new boat.
running a Mercury 300x with a 21p Mirage and sportmaster lower unit. previous owner said his best he ever saw was 63 GPS.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Registered

Thanks for the help on this guys!

dirtlawyer, with running a 25" shaft motor and in the top hole do you know how far your prop shaft is below the bottom of the boat?

blckkat, Congrats on the new boat! I very interested in your measurements as well. Your 300x is a tad stronger then my promax. I would like to see 60+ out of my old tub!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I will check this weekend and report back - I know that I run the motor pretty high but the boat seems to like the current set up and I'm not wanting to mess with it too much. I would think that 60+ should be no problem with your combo.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dirtlawyer
I will check this weekend and report back - I know that I run the motor pretty high but the boat seems to like the current set up and I'm not wanting to mess with it too much. I would think that 60+ should be no problem with your combo.
Thanks DL!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Registered

bah going to have to wait another week, I got sidetracked by electrical gremlins this weekend and forgot to take the measurements.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Registered

okay well at this point it's probably old news but here's the info you asked about. running motor on bottom holes (i.e. as high as it'll go) that puts the prop shaft just about even with the bottom.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Registered

Excellent pics blckkat! You're running a good 3" higher than I am. I'm going to play with the motor height over the next few weeks and see what happens.

Do you ever have any problems with prop blow out while getting on plane or sharp turns?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

getting on plane I do usually have to have it trimmed all the way in or yes it will have a tendency to blow out, but even this weekend there were 11 of us in the boat (5 of them being small children) and we still got on plane with no issues long as it was trimmed in. I have yet to have any issues in turns but I've only run the boat a handful of times and never really had to push it into any full lock hard turns so I can't speak as well to its behavior in those situations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.