Trim Indicator questions >

Trim Indicator questions

Notices

Trim Indicator questions

Old 01-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Trim Indicator questions

So my 30 concept(twin Merc Optis) currently has no motor or tab position indicators. The boat had trim tab indicators but the electronic display/controller is bad. Anyhow I am interested in going to a full manual indicator system from stainless marine. Its about $900 for the complete kit that I would install myself. The main question that I have is for someone that has a manual setup now. Where do the cables for the motor actuators exit the transom? Do they go thru the transom into the bracket and then exit the bracket? Or do the cables exit the transom above the bracket and go directly to the motor? It seems exiting the bracket would make the cables to low? But exiting the transom above the bracket would clutter up the area between the transom and the bracket? Anyhow pictures of a manual setup would be appreciated!

John
Old 01-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think these look pretty cool...

http://underdogracing.com/
Old 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Registered

I have looked at those and been in contact with Mark the owner. He seems like a nice guy.

Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr
I think these look pretty cool...

http://underdogracing.com/
Old 01-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadento
I have looked at those and been in contact with Mark the owner. He seems like a nice guy.

mine exit the transom through a stainless 45 degree compression fitting. I plan on going down to my boat this weekend in storage. I can take a picture if you'd like? I have the indicators you posted above.

Phil
Old 01-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Registered

Phil,
If you don't mind a few pictures would be awesome! How do you like the Trim Sticks from underdog?

John
Old 01-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by jadento
Phil,
If you don't mind a few pictures would be awesome! How do you like the Trim Sticks from underdog?

John
+1
Old 01-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Registered

Mine never worked, for $900 I'd just turn your head around! It is just a sending unit on the motor so the OEM ones should be a quick fix.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On my buddies boat it exits over the bracket.....I will try to take a couple pics in a couple days.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Registered

Pete, I dont have gauges in the dash for the motor trim...they were removed to make room for the 13" garmin screen. There isnt room for any more gauges on the vertical portion of the dash. I supose there is room on the lower portion of the dash.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered

got it, mechanical indicators would last a lot longer, the sending units dont seem to last long. Do you have smartcraft guages? I thought they had a trim function with the sending units.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.