DCB/Skater with pod???? >

DCB/Skater with pod????

Notices

DCB/Skater with pod????

Old 03-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCB/Skater with pod????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I will be absolutely crucified and black balled by the Skater nation for this question but my curiosity has built over months of uncertainty on the topic. I'd like to clarify that I've read all the threads regarding pods versus' no pods and clearly understand the benefits of both. If I could I'd own a 52 foot skater with 4000 HP turbines and titanium shaft arneson drives...And an M41 for the lake .lol but realistically I boat on west coast lakes with my friends and family and need features that a "lake boat" offers but don't want to give up the performance of a true cat or more specifically a new 338 skater. I know we'd all like the best of both worlds. I admire the minimal porpoising at cruise speed that a DCB or pod boat offers but from a performance stand point and styling there is nothing better than a flat deck skater. In the boat world it seems everyone has knocked off a Skater or down right splashed it. Motion, Spectre, Nordic etc... Please let me know the order and specifics of this s well.
Furthermore in a business where everyone is following the leader east and west coast boats with different takes why hasn't someone splashed a Skater and added a pod? What would be the outcome of a deep tunnel true cat with a proportional pod added. Could one build the ultimate "lake boat" or is there an adverse effect on a deep tunnel+pod. I hope to get non biased professional or just positive opinions from experienced owners/builders/engineers/imagineers etc.... Thank you for your insight. Robby Woods
Old 03-31-2013, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robby Woods
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I will be absolutely crucified and black balled by the Skater nation for this question but my curiosity has built over months of uncertainty on the topic. I'd like to clarify that I've read all the threads regarding pods versus' no pods and clearly understand the benefits of both. If I could I'd own a 52 foot skater with 4000 HP turbines and titanium shaft arneson drives...And an M41 for the lake .lol but realistically I boat on west coast lakes with my friends and family and need features that a "lake boat" offers but don't want to give up the performance of a true cat or more specifically a new 338 skater. I know we'd all like the best of both worlds. I admire the minimal porpoising at cruise speed that a DCB or pod boat offers but from a performance stand point and styling there is nothing better than a flat deck skater. In the boat world it seems everyone has knocked off a Skater or down right splashed it. Motion, Spectre, Nordic etc... Please let me know the order and specifics of this s well.
Furthermore in a business where everyone is following the leader east and west coast boats with different takes why hasn't someone splashed a Skater and added a pod? What would be the outcome of a deep tunnel true cat with a proportional pod added. Could one build the ultimate "lake boat" or is there an adverse effect on a deep tunnel+pod. I hope to get non biased professional or just positive opinions from experienced owners/builders/engineers/imagineers etc.... Thank you for your insight. Robby Woods
someone with more experience will chime in but my thought on the deep tunnel for a lake boat is it's not needed.