DCB M / F 26 Questions

Notices

DCB M / F 26 Questions

Old 06-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default DCB M / F 26 Questions

Gentleman -

Anyone with any experience with this boat? I'm considering one - would have to be outboards.

How do they handle? How is the ride? Good bang for the buck? How fast with twin Merc 300X's vs. XS's ?????

I've had some experience with boats - started with a Hydrostream Vasseret many many years ago. Then a STV Euroski, an Allison Grandsport, an American Offshore NSX 26 with twin Merc 300's, another Allison Grandsport, then a Spectre 30 with twin 300XS's, and now a Talon 22 with twin 200XS's.

I am finding the Talon is a little small for the water I boat, so thinking an Eliminator Daytona 25 or 26 or the DCB F 26.

Thanks for any comments and help.

Mike
Old 06-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F26 is a fun boat. Outboard set up anywhere for 100-108 mph in most cases. I know there are some fast 26's out there. Depending on the water you are running they run great. You sit pretty low in them, likely be like your 22 just a bigger taller boat. They have a slight hop around 70. I've owned a Mach26 and F26. Hope that helps.

If you need a insurance quote on one let me know be happy to help.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Registered

This is my second season in a F26 with 300X's. It's a blast to drive... like a go kart on water. Mine has no hop once you figure out where the trim wants to be.

I've run 101 so far with a ton of weight in the boat and a set of Bravo's on it. It would be faster on top with my cleavers but I like the mid-range efficiency of the Bravo's better. We've had it in some pretty rough water and it rides great. I think it's a smoother ride than my 35 Top Gun was in typical poker run water. You can't beat the fuel economy and maintenance costs either.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
This is my second season in a F26 with 300X's. It's a blast to drive... like a go kart on water. Mine has no hop once you figure out where the trim wants to be.

I've run 101 so far with a ton of weight in the boat and a set of Bravo's on it. It would be faster on top with my cleavers but I like the mid-range efficiency of the Bravo's better. We've had it in some pretty rough water and it rides great. I think it's a smoother ride than my 35 Top Gun was in typical poker run water. You can't beat the fuel economy and maintenance costs either.

Beautiful boat. Any plans to get rid of it ?

MDS
Old 06-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Registered

Thanks!

Not right now although I guess there's a price for anything. I put quite a bit in it after I bought it to get it as close to new as possible... new powerheads (now at about 15 hours or so), fixed a few spots in the gel, new batteries, refurbished trailer, new tires, etc... Would probably be hard to get close to what I have in it and I really enjoy driving it.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone

Great looking F, I knew the og owner of the boat. I sat in it a couple of times in Havasu, nice set up. How is it on lower units? Some of the boat with cleavers and real high dimensions can be hard on lowers? You had any issues with the bravo props?
Old 06-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Registered

I've had a freakish driveshaft break coming off the trailer, but it was most likely related to the fact that the previous owner blew the seals out of the lowers and used water for gear lube. That's all been corrected and no more issues.

I had some trouble getting on plane with heavy loads with the Bravo's until I cut the diffuser rings off. Now no issues with them. I seldom run the cleavers.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:51 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The 26 DCB will handle better than a 25 Daytona in rough water. Never ran an outboard but my IO did well in the upper 140s.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Registered

Is the Mach and the F the same hull? Or is one faster with the same power???
Old 06-04-2015, 07:37 AM
Registered

Same bottom... different deck (canopies vs. quasi windscreen). I think the F26 is a little lighter so maybe a little faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.