Deep Impact Lamborghini Green

Notices

Deep Impact Lamborghini Green

Old 06-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Jass, that is the video Deepimpact36 posted...I saw it on kingfishconnection.com

I like the looks of these boats. I REALLY need to and want to downsize from my 38TE Fountain. I was thinking of something in the 28-31 range but I do want to look at the 33 Deep Impact.
I like them also..the look has grown on me..They still have that cool dash look which reminds me of a go-fast and the main thing the 33/36 both have decent enough speeds..I can set it up anyway I want..fishing/livewell/cruising and Im Liking the fact thats it a smaller package than my 43..
Old 06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I like them also..the look has grown on me..They still have that cool dash look which reminds me of a go-fast and the main thing the 33/36 both have decent enough speeds..I can set it up anyway I want..fishing/livewell/cruising and Im Liking the fact thats it a smaller package than my 43..
My problem is a lot of the boats I like are factory direct so therefore I can not use my Fountain 38TE as a trade.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
My problem is a lot of the boats I like are factory direct so therefore I can not use my Fountain 38TE as a trade.
Get with Carl on here..UNDERPRESSURE [email protected]

they will work with you on trade..

JEFF
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alex Palma from Deep Impact and I ran the Bimini Ocean race in the Black Quad 36 with 350 Verado engines. We were full of fuel with 420 gallons, full of water 55 gallons, and were able to average over 74 mph. The boat weighs about 15,500 loaded like it was and we burned 46 gallons per motor with a total of 121 miles running.

We have seen 85 and change on this boat before and we have 15 people in it during our owners tournament the week before and still hit 83.

We actually ran over between 65-71 and back 75-81. We still hit guardian mode five times despite holding the motors in to keep water pressure up and to limit the "zinging" of the outside motors. All in all a great time.
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact Lamborghini Green-bimini-ocean-race-09-067.jpg   Deep Impact Lamborghini Green-bimini-ocean-race-09-077.jpg   Deep Impact Lamborghini Green-bimini-ocean-race-09-082.jpg  

Old 06-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered

Underpressure, what is it with the Verado's going into gaurdian mode? My 275's will do this if I run down Tampa Bay...about 15-20 at or close to WOT.

I hardly ever run WOT or above 5000rpm. I read about Verado's going into guardian mode a lot lately when run WOT.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

Mike,

The motors are supercharged like you know and Mercury is protecting them because they don't know which loose nut will get behind the wheel. They will go to Guardian when the water pressure drops to 5-6 psi or over rev or fuel issues. That is why they are not great for racing.

When we were running the Deep Impact Quad we had to constantly monitor the outside engines because they are mounted outside they tend to rev easier especially when trimmed out. They also lose water pressure. we modify the pick ups and also swing a bigger diameter prop to counter this but still you have to watch, especially turns.

In the race we had to keep the motors in because to get out of guardian in the quad you have to come off plane and eat up time resetting and planing again. If they were two strokes then you could just let them eat.

Even in the triple boats it is common to go into guardian on the center motor when over trimmed. They are easier to reset because I only use the individual "lolly pop" throttles and can bring one engine back while leaving the other two alone (a lot more seamless) Those throttles are not available on the quad applications for some silly reason at Mercury.

Hope that clears it up a little. More than likely if you watch your water pressure it has fallen to 5 or 6 psi
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered

Thanks Carl, My center engine is always much lower on water pressure than my outers. Going off memory I think I am around 8-10psi on the center and 15-20psi on the outers at around 5000rpm and up.

I did read that you should not trim the center up as much as the outers on a triple engine boat like mine.

I am swinging 26 Bravo 1's stock and my max rpm at WOT is around 6100rpm only so I know I am not over reving.

I have only gone into guardian mode 2 times.

I really never run WOT for extended length anyway so I am not too concerned...but thanks for the reply....hopefully some day soon my boat will sell or I can trade it in on something a little smaller with twins.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by underpressure
Mike,

The motors are supercharged like you know and Mercury is protecting them because they don't know which loose nut will get behind the wheel. They will go to Guardian when the water pressure drops to 5-6 psi or over rev or fuel issues. That is why they are not great for racing.

When we were running the Deep Impact Quad we had to constantly monitor the outside engines because they are mounted outside they tend to rev easier especially when trimmed out. They also lose water pressure. we modify the pick ups and also swing a bigger diameter prop to counter this but still you have to watch, especially turns.

In the race we had to keep the motors in because to get out of guardian in the quad you have to come off plane and eat up time resetting and planing again. If they were two strokes then you could just let them eat.

Even in the triple boats it is common to go into guardian on the center motor when over trimmed. They are easier to reset because I only use the individual "lolly pop" throttles and can bring one engine back while leaving the other two alone (a lot more seamless) Those throttles are not available on the quad applications for some silly reason at Mercury.

Hope that clears it up a little. More than likely if you watch your water pressure it has fallen to 5 or 6 psi

Carl..what about a sea strainers..is that possible on out boards. Sounds like the Yamaha 350's are not having those types of problems..I sent you an email ..Jeff

Last edited by Jassman; 06-16-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered

Mike, we actaully modify the water pick ups to get more pressure. You are low at 8-10. I was running 20 plus on the way to Bimini. The step bottom adds more issues with the areated water. Guardian really does not hurt anything unless you are going for max speed, a timed run like Bimini or racing your buddy.

Your boat will sell if it is clean and priced right. However the market right now probably does not agree with your idea of the right price. We are still selling about 25 boats a month, but not making a lot of money.

Jeff, not sure how much the strainers would help or hwere you would put them in some boats. Again it is not a big issue since not many people would race a Verado, they would use two strokes that do not care.

You are correct that the Yamaha F350 engines are not as picky. I am working on your email.

Carl
Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Registered

I got my diagnostic reports on my engines today (boat is in for a 300hr service) and zero faults found. So I guess it does not pick up the guardian mode I hit last year. I will really watch my center motor pressure this weekend and let you know what it is at WOT.
thanks for the advice....I have a buyer for my boat I hope it is an overseas deal going through a broker. I sold my last boat to a guy in Russia and this guy is in Qutar. My boat is super clean. I am very picky about my boats and there maintanance.

Originally Posted by underpressure
Mike, we actaully modify the water pick ups to get more pressure. You are low at 8-10. I was running 20 plus on the way to Bimini. The step bottom adds more issues with the areated water. Guardian really does not hurt anything unless you are going for max speed, a timed run like Bimini or racing your buddy.

Your boat will sell if it is clean and priced right. However the market right now probably does not agree with your idea of the right price. We are still selling about 25 boats a month, but not making a lot of money.

Jeff, not sure how much the strainers would help or hwere you would put them in some boats. Again it is not a big issue since not many people would race a Verado, they would use two strokes that do not care.

You are correct that the Yamaha F350 engines are not as picky. I am working on your email.

Carl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.