Notices

572 DFI Procharger Build

Old 04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I just read the entire thread got to the end and felt sick to my stomach to hear the bad news. RIP
Old 05-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started reading this thread last night and finished it this morning and holy $hit that is not the ending I was looking for. God speed and RIP. I hate reading about things like this happening.

With the boating season upon us can we all take a minute and remember that this is supposed to be about having fun and spending time with friends and family doing what we love to do. I know we are all horsepower junkies and want to push the envelope and be the fastest out there, but I think that we are pushing these smaller boats way beyond their capabilities to be operated safely. Even tho this happened a few years ago we have a vary recent example that is very similar with the Redline boat. This is just a reminder that life is fragile and should not be taken for granted. We owe it to our families to do whatever it takes to make it home safe every night.

Please be safe out there this year, I don't want to read anymore stories like this again...
Old 10-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Don's wife, Christine. Yes it is true. Don was testing the boat on Sept. 4, 2010. His mechanic that was working at the marina at the time was driving while Don had the laptop hooked up to the motor. They were going approximately 80-85 MPH at the time of the accident. I spoke to the mechanic/driver a whole after the accident and he stated that the boat began "shaking" almost uncontrollably and he throttled down. My personal thoughts are that he throttled down way too quickly, in choppy waters that day, and the boat took a hard right and ejected both passengers. The boat had no physical damage whatsoever. Also want to clarify that it did NOT flip, as some stories reported. Just a hard bank. The boat was taken to a marina to be examined and the power steering belt was off. They stayed they did not know if that happened before, during or after the accident. Please know that myself, our now 13-year-old son, and Don's parents as well as siblings, other family and many friends miss him TREMENDOUSLY. Also know that even though he was NOT wearing a life jacket--it would not have saved his life. I do believe in wearing life jackets--but in this case, the outcome would have been the same. I pray for all of Don's fellow "speed freaks" to please always be safe.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

So sad reading this..... Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for posting your story its family's like yours that Make this power boating community so special.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for coming on and giving everyone the real story...words cannot say enough for your loss....Rob
Old 10-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think about this everytime I run my boat. Don and I never met, but spoke on the phone and email very often about his build and mine. Cant believe it has been over 4 years already.