EMI Thunder install on 502 >

EMI Thunder install on 502

Notices

EMI Thunder install on 502

Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMI Thunder install on 502

Looking for some input or ideas. I am installing EMI Thuder Exhaust on my 98 prowler with 502 with silent choice. With the new system I am only able to get one clap around the rubber hose that connects the silent choice diverter to the Y-pipe. Do you guys this one clamp will hold. When I say one clap, that means I can only get that much of the hose on the pipe to connect, I'm cheating as much as I can both ways. Tried 4" hose, Too big, Tried 3.5" hose too small. The hose is that wierd angled hose. Just looking for some ideas or if the one clamp would be enough. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by kwooley
Looking for some input or ideas. I am installing EMI Thuder Exhaust on my 98 prowler with 502 with silent choice. With the new system I am only able to get one clap around the rubber hose that connects the silent choice diverter to the Y-pipe. Do you guys this one clamp will hold. When I say one clap, that means I can only get that much of the hose on the pipe to connect, I'm cheating as much as I can both ways. Tried 4" hose, Too big, Tried 3.5" hose too small. The hose is that wierd angled hose. Just looking for some ideas or if the one clamp would be enough. Thanks for the input.
the uscg requires 2 at each connection, eddie amrine use to carry longer oval ones but i dont think they have them anymore,,i remember they were made by sierra..
Old 05-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered

Search forever and cannot find a longer hose. Anyone know where I can get something that would work. I just can't believe that have not been able to find a longer oval hose. Any help would be great.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered

What about using the exhaust bellows that connect the transom to the drive? That's what I came up with