mechanical trim indicators >

mechanical trim indicators

Notices

mechanical trim indicators

Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Default mechanical trim indicators

Could someone post some pics of their drives showing how the system connects to the outdrive? I have them set up on my ram but they dont connect to anything else to make the cable move. Just need to see what I am missing.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killfast1
Could someone post some pics of their drives showing how the system connects to the outdrive? I have them set up on my ram but they dont connect to anything else to make the cable move. Just need to see what I am missing.
This is the best pic I have right now. This was taken before I bought my boat and at the time the cable was rusted stiff(wouldn't move at all). The black rod that moves inside the stainless cylinder should move with the drive and butt-up to the stainless ring. You can see I wasn't getting any action since my cable was rusted. I have better pics, but not with me. I you need I'll send them but it couldn't be til after Mem. weekend. Good luck and watch out for the crazies this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails mechanical trim indicators-fever-15.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

As thundersruck said the black rod bumps up against that stainless ring. Spring pressure allows it to come out when you raise your drive. When you lower your drive the stainless ring will push the rod compressing the spring. If your cable is bad the rod won't come out when you raise the drive and your indicator won't move because cable isnt moving
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

what series cable is used for these?
thanks,
john
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
what series cable is used for these?
thanks,
john
I used Teleflex 33C Cable to replace my old rusted cable. The length is stamped on the cable housing.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I bought my 32 Victory the port indicator bracket was goobered up and the cable was kinked and twisted on the end. I need to get a new cable and bracket but have not found a replacement yet. The starboard one works fine.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Registered

Gotem fixed. I used the standard teleflex cable for throttle control. But make sure your housing on the outdrive is packed good with grease.

Now If my parts for my drive shaft will hurry up and come in.

thanks everybody.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My port-sdie drive indicator is not working. I have a 29' Fever 2006. Killfast, what Fountain do you own and do you still have the replacement cable part # and recommendation as to where to purchase? I am a new owner and am like a fish out of water...
Old 10-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

if you have access to the ends most cables have the part number and length embossed into the plastic. some list the length in inches and some in feet and inches. if you can find the numbers someone can tell you what you have.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
My port-sdie drive indicator is not working. I have a 29' Fever 2006. Killfast, what Fountain do you own and do you still have the replacement cable part # and recommendation as to where to purchase? I am a new owner and am like a fish out of water...

Its not a fountain, its a Spectra. But I got my cables from Outdrive Exchange is Huntington beach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.