Where to get rebuilt longblock? >

Where to get rebuilt longblock?

Notices

Where to get rebuilt longblock?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get rebuilt longblock?

Need a 1995 5.7 Mercruiser longblock. Would be good to hear if anyone knows of a reputable company they have dealt with.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 88GW
Need a 1995 5.7 Mercruiser longblock. Would be good to hear if anyone knows of a reputable company they have dealt with.
Just don't deal with A & L Engines out of Miami...they sell junky .060 over bore motors with cracked blocks...stay clear.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

your location will help others provide details on this.....
Old 07-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by 88GW
for what your going to pay for a rebuild your better off spending a few more dollars and get a new engine..

try michigan motorz . com or eagle engines, both carry oe gm engines.. the 330 hp one is the best bang fo a buck engine..
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered

i own a shop in ftw texas an use rapido marine for my stock engines,,,,,after appx 100 engines only 1 failure an it was built the day b4 christmas vacation,,,,lol...they made it right...look em up on ebay....
Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 AM
Registered

stay away from carolina machine engines (cmengines). In 2009 I had to return (2) 496's because they do not know how to install the lifters properly per the instructions that come in the box... Rectangle intake ports mismatched to large oval heads... gasket sealer gooped carelessly to intake gasket (minor, but notable)... bad blue smoke from one bank (maybe rings not seated yet, but returned before they seated)... Heads were stamped "pass" but they advertised high performance heads... stamped steel rocker arms on a high performance motor... etc etc etc... I got my money back plus $550 labor after 2 returned motors. I give them some credit for the $550 labor, but the actual labor involved was triple that because of their shoddy work, imo. Wish I would have done my due diligence.. just google them and you'll see what I wish I would have seen before this fiasco.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You have a lot of choices. Who do you trust on a rebuild? Who rebuilds and dyno tests the motors or actually runs them before you get it. There are many fly by nighters, great sales pitch, great guarantees until you have a problem and then we know your are screwed! All your man hours removing and installing. You may want to take into consideration buying a crate motor from GM and then marinize it. Post what you decide to do.
Brian