Replacing obsolete fuel injectors >

Replacing obsolete fuel injectors

Notices

Replacing obsolete fuel injectors

Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
Your fuel pumps are from a Porsche 930, able to support over 500bhp.

The mercury diagnostic box for your engine is pn 91-11001A2 it was also used on the EFI outboards of the same vintage.

Jeff
Oh man that is awesome. I thought I was going to have to replace the port fuel pump, and I might have to replace the starboard one. I was trying to figure out the replacement and I had no idea what to look for. After I read this, I looked at the fuel pump online for a 1991 Porcshe and yup, it's identical. If I have to replace that starboard pump for some reason, can I just use this same fuel pump? Are they any different for marine applications? Doesn't seem like it would be, but I don't know.

This forum totally rocks.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Linder Tech in Indy they are the injector guru's and will be able to get you a set of injectors no problem. 888-809-3835 http://www.lindertech.com/index.html
Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
I.e. the regular Bosch Injector design II pintle type at @ 24lbs/hr flow.
Used by many makes.. Ford Motorsport for the 5.0 Mustang GT usually are the cheapest.
http://www.justfuelinjectors.com/ser...flowchart/Page
Okay I got the part number. Yes, these are the pintle type. The site you linked to shows them to be 20.35 lb/hr. I found another site that said they were 23 lb/hr, but the one you linked to looks more reputable.

The exact OEM Bosch replacement is pretty damn expensive, at around $140/each. But now that I have the stats, I can find something that matches I think.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Can I replace the pintle type with a four hole type? Does the lb/hr have to match the original exactly, or can I change a little? What about the PSI rating? There are other much more affordable injectors that Bosch makes that are similar, but not exactly the same. Most are the four hole type.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JMS322
Call Linder Tech in Indy they are the injector guru's and will be able to get you a set of injectors no problem. 888-809-3835 http://www.lindertech.com/index.html
Thanks for the tip. Called those guys and you're right, they know pretty much everything there is to know. They're either gonna hook me up with a cheaper replacement or just recondition the ones I have.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by svonmiller
Oh man that is awesome. I thought I was going to have to replace the port fuel pump, and I might have to replace the starboard one. I was trying to figure out the replacement and I had no idea what to look for. After I read this, I looked at the fuel pump online for a 1991 Porcshe and yup, it's identical. If I have to replace that starboard pump for some reason, can I just use this same fuel pump? Are they any different for marine applications? Doesn't seem like it would be, but I don't know.

This forum totally rocks.
You can use the car pump. Pn ending in 979 I think?
I've seen these used on F1 engine dynos and injector test benches as well.
I run one on my Donzi.

Jeff