Notices

tv on your boat

Old 10-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tv on your boat

hey guys im lookin at adding a tv for my kids to play games on while out on the lake..
i know ill need a converter i already have one dunno if its big enough... any one know how big ill need ?

also what kinda tvs are out there or can i just install me a nice flat screen from the house in it worried about that lasting though with the rough water at times on the rivers around here.. any ideas?????
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my little ones were littler we took alot of road trips... in the backseat of the avalanche with the kids was an old full sized 13 inch tv/vcr combo and a ps2 all plugged into a 400 watt inverter that was plugged into the cigarette lighter. It was probably overloaded but it worked... occasionally it would stumble and i would have to turn it off and back on a couple times before it would run with the tv plugged in but never more than 2 or 3 times... in the avalanche, everytime the engine starts it inturupts the power to focus on starting the engine and I think that was a major contributor to the problem but like i said it wasnt a major problem. I have no idea what kinda total wattage I was running with the tv and ps2 but the 400 watt inverter seemed to work ok for me...

My point is its not going to take much to run some dvds for the kids but unless you have a separate battery bank for acessories be careful not to drain your batteries in the mean time. The avalanche only has one battery and I drained it more times than I care to admit.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not buy a 12 volt unit? i sell flip downs with dvd players built in and aux ports for gaming systems a stuff, very easy to put in 2 wires. Get a small power supply to run an inverter for the xbox or ps3
Old 10-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent