Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Cuddy Cabin heater recommendations >

Cuddy Cabin heater recommendations

Notices

Cuddy Cabin heater recommendations

Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I use a Hot Blonde with big TiTs... Keeps me warm..

Chris
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Seattle boat show has shoe box sized diesel heaters for about a grand. I thought about mounting one under the dash. Don't tell CG.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Seattle boat show has shoe box sized diesel heaters for about a grand. I thought about mounting one under the dash. Don't tell CG.
Hey Rob, I'd you're at the show at all next week come find me and say hello. I'll be on the boats a float dock off and on all week at the
Northern Lights booth
Old 01-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

webasto is the company that makes diesel heaters, they have air and water heaters. water heaters like in cars won't work, unless you have closed cooling system. the engine won't heat up unless under load. using battery for those electric heaters will kill batteries. i have found that putting those small fleece blankets underneath will keep grandkids warm. plain and simple.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

+2 on the 120VAC Ceramic heater. I boat in the Mackinac Straits and it's chilly at night even in August. I added shore power to my boat and plug in the heater if needed. The ceramic style don't have any hot spots and are much safer than anything else that's portable.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered

If you had a fresh water cooled engine in your boat ie antifreeze, it would not be too big of a deal to run a few hoses up to the cabin and build a box around a car heater core, 12 volt fan blowing through it and it should heat up your cabin very nicely, at least while the engines are running, and for a little bit after.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by macjazzy
If you had a fresh water cooled engine in your boat ie antifreeze, it would not be too big of a deal to run a few hoses up to the cabin and build a box around a car heater core, 12 volt fan blowing through it and it should heat up your cabin very nicely, at least while the engines are running, and for a little bit after.
Fresh water cooling does work best, but raw water cooled systems work just fine.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

A Big Fat Woman and some heavy breathin audda warm it up in their..
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MCKILLOP
Hey Rob, I'd you're at the show at all next week come find me and say hello. I'll be on the boats a float dock off and on all week at the
Northern Lights booth
We're going Saturday afternoon. Is Hooters gone?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Registered

As Macjazzy said, if you run hoses to the cabin, they sell a remote heater that has its own box with ducts. You could mount it under a seat & have ducts coming out somewhere. They even have extra ducts that you could run to the under dash area. I have one in my rock buggies & it works great! Only a couple hundo. Check 4WD hardware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.