Notices

wiring harness help

Old 05-29-2017, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Karlsmad;4557909]only half my switches work so I'm trying to find a schematic to see where all the jumpers are[/come to think of it,a lot of stuff on dash has no ground. needs no ground. the lights have to ground. the qauges also. but I think most switches just send the hot to where it is needed, bilge pump, blower, lights, etc. and the accessory is then grounded from where it is back to motor. some in front of boat will ground to ground plate under dash like bow lights, cabin lights... you can find them Mercruiser schematic online all over the place. But it does not include courtesy lights, bilge pump, running lights, blower, all that stuff. Google Mercruiser wiring diagram. Your motor, your year. What switches don't work?

Last edited by dereknkathy; 05-29-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My engine light switch, exhaust switch and none of my acc switches, my court light, cabin lights, bilge, and hatch all work just can't figure out the rest
Old 05-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wiggle the bulbs. get a test light or volt meter and start chasing them down. details. PITA, but doesn't fall under BOAT.