Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Sea Ray Pachanga 19 Restoration and More Getty up. >

Sea Ray Pachanga 19 Restoration and More Getty up.

Notices

Sea Ray Pachanga 19 Restoration and More Getty up.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you say that the stringers are rotted and need replaced, be careful not to overlook the balsa core material because if you do it will cost you a boat fast! I am only telling you this because I did just that and now my Pachanga is beyond what it is worth to repair. That boat has a very good gel coat on it that should shine up pretty easily with a bit of rubbing just look at Glass Dave’s buffing thread. If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask. They are great boats and I wish I was still cursing mine.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered

Well I guess we will find out the transom is in good condition just around the motor mounts and from there you have to cut apart the boat so I will be doing that and hoping to not find a Total loss. But all in all the parts on the boat are well worth the money I paid!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are going to do all that, I would fill in the transom cutout and raise up the drive unit to about 4.5 to 5 inches under the V. I had a 91 185 Searay and I think the hulls were very similar. I ran 75 with a 430 hp 383 and an Alpha SS. The boat picked up about 5 mph and a whole bunch of handling. At about 68 with the deep stock drive, it would really start chine walking. Just my 02 cent from a fellow Sea Ray owner. BTW the Tempest was the best prop I found for thay hull. Carried the bow like it was no ones buisness. THe Mirage carried to much of the stern out and it got squrrily.

Last edited by ACrooks69; 02-22-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

I will think about that I already have alot of work ahead of me. I should have the floor done next month and the motor in the month after then next winter I will do the outside of the boat I wanna get some use out of the boat this summer
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACrooks69
If you are going to do all that, I would fill in the transom cutout and raise up the drive unit to about 4.5 to 5 inches under the V. I had a 91 185 Searay and I think the hulls were very similar. I ran 75 with a 430 hp 383 and an Alpha SS. The boat picked up about 5 mph and a whole bunch of handling. At about 68 with the deep stock drive, it would really start chine walking. Just my 02 cent from a fellow Sea Ray owner. BTW the Tempest was the best prop I found for thay hull. Carried the bow like it was no ones buisness. THe Mirage carried to much of the stern out and it got squrrily.

Just be careful on your Pachanga before you do that because one of the main differences between the Sea Ray models was that the Pachanga had a very high X dimension already as well as a different laminating schedule.

ACrooks 69 your boat looks great running like that!

Last edited by 1987pachanga22; 02-23-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Registered

Im just gonna leave the transom alone I have alot of work to do already