Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Fountain 27' Fever

Here's the New 502! Looking for 625HP

Here's my story!

Bought it july 1st! 35hrs since rebuild.
    Sat for 3 years, the guy is still sitting in jail.
    Ran my 27 Fountain last summer, No problems.

Wanted a little more speed, as we all do.

Started the engine this year for the 1st time March 10th, March 12th, pulled the engine.

Wanted to find out what cam was in it, overall I needed to know what was in the engine, bored? broken? stock? good or bad?

Broke the engine down, found that the mild cam was too much for the stock exhuast. lite water damage to the valves.

So, didnt want to pour $$ into stock heads. Call Bob @ Marine Kinetics. Started talking about Heads and Cams.

March 14th Ordered AFR 290 Oval Heads, Custom Cam from Bob.

Next, with 290 heads, needed headers. Found a set of used 500 efi headers made by CMI, and used set of tails on Ebay.

The stock Mag /MPI was the next mountain to climb.

Called Alex with Haxby Marine, ordered the Holley HP EFI TBI system, Victor Jr Intake.

Today 16 days later, The motor will be installed Thursday around noon, Hope to have it in the water saturday for a Poker Run in Orange Beach, AL.

Big thanks to Bob & Alex for all of there help!!!

Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Fountain 27' Fever

pics

Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    My Boats:
    97' Baja 302 Boss
    Holy crap, u dnt f&@k around!! That's fast!! Bob is great and u will love the new found power!!

Fast Singles Club Platinum Member the deep's Avatar
    My Boats:
    99 Warlock 25'SXT Cat " Lunatic Fringe "
    YellowFever , I also talked with Bob Madara about doing something very similar with my HP 500 . I would be very interested in your results . Do you plan on getting your engine dynoed ?? I personally am at a crossroad and am thinking on just building a 540 because the HP probably will need freshened soon . Anyway , i want to hear all about your engine and the components you used . By the way Bob is quite the gent and a real pleasure to work with as you already know . Thanks

Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Fountain 27' Fever
    Bob, ordered the heads on the 14th, they shipped 4 days later. Super fast!! Fully ported, Bad B!tches for sure. The Holley EFI is a self tuning, with a O2 sensor. Put the HP EFI Unit in learn mode and BAM! Fully tuned!

Heres the old #'s

66.4 mph at 4700 ish rpms
    w/ Ron Hill Custom 5 Blade LH 25*

Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Fountain 27' Fever
    Quote Originally Posted by the deep View Post
    YellowFever , I also talked with Bob Madara about doing something very similar with my HP 500 . I would be very interested in your results . Do you plan on getting your engine dynoed ?? I personally am at a crossroad and am thinking on just building a 540 because the HP probably will need freshened soon . Anyway , i want to hear all about your engine and the components you used . By the way Bob is quite the gent and a real pleasure to work with as you already know . Thanks
    The engine was rebuilt in 2008, 35 hrs were put on the new engine. Then the owner went to jail, I bought it RIGHT, from his dad. So I didnt know much about the rebuild, the repairs sheets showed 3300.00 for rebuild Short block. The block is stoke bore, looks new compared to the age on the heads.

I didnt break down the short block. Motor was running, so no metal debris or trash.

Gen 6 Block
    4340 Crank
    SRP Pistons 75F

AFR 290 Oval Port Heads
    100% CNC Ported Exhaust Ports

100% CNC Ported Intake Ports

100% CNC Ported Combustion Chambers

Competition 5-angle Valve Job

Isky Springs

Comp Cam Lifters
    Comp Cam Mag Series Rockers 1.7
    Manley Push Rods

Bob Madara Cam

Ill Post some Engine Pics Thursday Night.

BC

Fast Singles Club Platinum Member the deep's Avatar
    My Boats:
    99 Warlock 25'SXT Cat " Lunatic Fringe "

Banana

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
    The engine was rebuilt in 2008, 35 hrs were put on the new engine. Then the owner went to jail, I bought it RIGHT, from his dad. So I didnt know much about the rebuild, the repairs sheets showed 3300.00 for rebuild Short block. The block is stoke bore, looks new compared to the age on the heads.

I didnt break down the short block. Motor was running, so no metal debris or trash.

Gen 6 Block
    4340 Crank
    SRP Pistons 75F

AFR 290 Oval Port Heads
    100% CNC Ported Exhaust Ports

100% CNC Ported Intake Ports

100% CNC Ported Combustion Chambers

Competition 5-angle Valve Job

Isky Springs

Comp Cam Lifters
    Comp Cam Mag Series Rockers 1.7
    Manley Push Rods

Bob Madara Cam

Ill Post some Engine Pics Thursday Night.

BC
    NICE , thank you my friend .

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Advantage 28 MCOB with 575SCI for sale, time to go bigger.
    I was LOOKING for 625hp out of my new 540 too, but i came up about 60hp short. I think your hp # is a bit optimistic, but I think you will be happy with the results. It should pick up ALOT. Nice time frame. I think it took longer than that for me to get my cam from Bob. Good luck on your project.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Fountain 27' Fever
    snapmorgan

What heads did you have?

Registered
    I would do plug checks and verify what a/f meter is doing. On a boat you tend to get some crappy reading and tend not to be as accurate as you would like. Unless of course your tails are dry. You can't get the 02 to be in the right place and not get wet.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast