Notices

Magazine for DIY Boaters?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
502, way too much info man, way too much!

Sprink, let the man with two free hands throw the first stone! Ha ha.

Yeah, I have really enjoyed reading some of the threads that really give details about the how to that no book really addresses. I should have taken more pictures of my project to show digging out the center stringer and re-pouring it, but then again you can see that on you tube of other projects. i was more concentrated on what it took and what it did and how it turned out. (yeah, run on sentence)

For some reason, I am thinking about picking up another project for next winter or the one after that. Something like a 302 or 311, maybe a scarab 31! I still have some big projects to do on the front half of mine yet, haven't even broached that subject on the thread yet! Gonna be interesting.

Still looking for a cheap set of deer whistles for the bow of the Formula - you know, just to make people look at you weird at the launch. Yeah, they work, never hit a deer yet while boating!

Brian
Lol on the deer whistles....but.....years ago I was at a charity event/high preformace outboard gathering (in my drag boat racing days) on the Ohio river at Carrollton KY and a bunch of us were riding up the river and a big a** deer was swimming accross....so you never know where those whistles will come in handy.....lol
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
502, way too much info man, way too much!

LMAO
Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think its a great idea! there are allot of us that are doing older project boats and would love a magazine like that. this forum is great but i would love to read articles like hot rod mag does for like a 600hp budget minded engine or something on along those lines.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Content Manager

Soon we'll be starting up article content on OSO and one of the aspects we'd like to cover for you is DIY and refurbishments. If any of you would be interested in contributing your tips, feel free to send us an email to [email protected] .
Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

One of the nice things about forums like OSO is that if you read something and have a question you can usually get a quick reply....that won't happen with a magazine. Add the buy and sell area along with others technical experience and it is a great resource for the DIY boater!