Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    My Boats:
    1991 Scarab Viper 31
    Thanks for helping me with these questions. Is there a cheaper alternative for the exhaust on 454's? I'm trying to put this project boat together and I think the headers are going to be to expensive this year. I have a wine taste on a cheap beer budget. lol

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ............................... 32 Active Thunder
    I don''t know how you think it would even be possible to use car headers on a boat.

My Boats:
    272 baja-slightly modified
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I don''t know how you think it would even be possible to use car headers on a boat.
    If someone had the skill to weld and bend tubing very well and unlimited free time and materials they could build there own water jackets over a set of car headers but it would look like crap and they wouldn't last very long as the steel is very thin, I could think of better ways to spend my time but just saying.
    I have seen BBC and BBF hooker boat headers , they were for jet boats/v-drives, water injected and come with a warning not to enclose them. I remember hearing in the day that there were no insurance company's that would insure jet boats and drives with "over the transom headers" as they were/are very dangerous to passengers , Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12