Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

thru hull exhuast how much angle needed

ok gonna try and set the 454,s in my formula this weekend to mock up the engine compartment i have older center dump exhuast . Im going to run flex hose back to transom to the tips i have to cut holes for.. how much of a down hill angle do i need ? or how flat can the hose be any rule of thumb on this...

VIP Member VIP Member MILD THUNDER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    38 Fountain
    Merc actually had a drawing for this. The nice thing about following that, is if you decide later to go aftermarket, you can use off the shelf tailpipes.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula 272 SR-1 1979 Formula 255 Liberator...My 4th Formula
    Quote Originally Posted by jason y View Post
    ok gonna try and set the 454,s in my formula this weekend to mock up the engine compartment i have older center dump exhuast . Im going to run flex hose back to transom to the tips i have to cut holes for.. how much of a down hill angle do i need ? or how flat can the hose be any rule of thumb on this...
    I did a trial on mine with the small blocks and figure real quick that I had to have tall risers to get over the top of the steering...very tight fit. If I go low I am beneath the swim platform and underwater at rest. Right now I'm leaning towards the Y-Pipes.

Registered
    My Boats:
    34 Hatteras 00 Crownline 248 ccr
    if the angle is a little off between exh hose and tips the way they are mounted in transom, a guy on here had a good idea for a small angle elbow. take a piece of 4 inch stainless tubing, and cut it about 6 inches long with the cuts at a slight angle. then you can tilt the hose on the tubing for a 10 or 20 degree angle.

Registered
    My Boats:
    77 donzi x18 92 formula 336 sr1

first one is bbc with a bravo one,second is sb or bb alpha one..funny thing is they both have the same measurements..most formulas have a higher (6'') spacer then the riser so the exhaust will fit into the silent thunder platform..if you dont have a silent thunder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wait a min is this the 255 liberator???? your going to be close with the big blocks in their....

Registered
    yes 255 liberator with big blocks..