Notices

Info on Intake oval

Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Intake oval

Hey all...I need to replace both my manifolds on my stock non mag 454 oval 7.4 1988 intake Rochester carb...
I heard slight leak so took one off, then powerwashed it and a hole came through inlet -was a low pressure washer so i DIDNT burn the hole...guess i caught in time.

Cast iron at its best, boat had 1000 hours with those manifolds.

So many choices...It's for a 88 29 SR1 Formula that does 68 WOT. I would be nice to gain some hp but not to sure this will, but could change some more things over the winter if the intake can go with it...in winter...its has stock thru hull exhaust. Gonna lab the bravos and spare mirages this year. I'm in salt water always so need bronze inserts or anodized if it even works. http://www.keitheickert.com/c-308-bi...oval-port.aspx
The longblock now has 50 hours on it.
Any help/feedback appreciated.

Last edited by Dtile; 08-12-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: me
Old 08-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Registered

Or maybe I should upgrade to rec port nice heads now...? I have no idea cam with new longblock, most likely stock.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

If you are going to do it now is the time. No reason to buy a new intake just to buy it again.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Dtile
Or maybe I should upgrade to rec port nice heads now...? I have no idea cam with new longblock, most likely stock.
save your money with the KE stuff,,half of the intakes are made by professional products..i use their cross wind which is the same as the airgap,,only issue is i think they only come in a holly style bolt pattern..you may want to consider a closed cooling system on the engines and then al you have to worrie about is the exhaust manifolds..

http://www.professional-products.com...uctBBchevy.php
Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

it is time for heads anyway. the valve guides are being eaten away by salt also, and are about to pop. i agree with prev post about closed cooling. i can't believe the money people spend on big block chebbys here and then fill them with salt water. of course i came from the sportfish world where they only come out of the water for zincs and paint, but...
Old 08-14-2012, 05:07 AM
Registered

Well, two heads were peanut pots ovals, the other a larger oval...strange. (large oval side always has 80psi oil pressure too...)aill wait for winter to replace match the heads and world merlinwith inserts. any thoughts of the model, i have 8 inches more clearence if needed?