Notices

Nordic Repower

Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Repower

So thinking of buying a Nordic with no drivetrain. There is no motor, gimble, transom plate, or outdrive. The controls, wirring and steering are there.

I dont know much more right now but wondering where I go to get the drivetrain? Any good places, thoughts or experiences?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pluguglyinhere
So thinking of buying a Nordic with no drivetrain. There is no motor, gimble, transom plate, or outdrive. The controls, wirring and steering are there.

I dont know much more right now but wondering where I go to get the drivetrain? Any good places, thoughts or experiences?
Nordic...
Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

^x2. Who better to rig a boat than the manufacturer. What model are you buying? How much are looking to spend?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Its a Rage, controls and all are there.... the qoute was drop in a motor and plug it in. I know it may be more than that but wondered what others have been through.

I am not looking to build a crazy motor and would be happy with a 496 or little bigger (which probably isnt in the budget). I guess my budget is probably 20,000 tops due to what their asking and what it would be worth when done.

I am trying to figure out if I can make this work, numbers wise and see if it is something most would just stay away from.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i think you could find everything you need right here on oso swap section and classified section.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Registered

There are numerous shops in the country that can hook you up. Mike is right about utilizing the classifieds here if you are fine with used. Check out the Nordic section. There may be people willing to part with a 496/bravo setup in the quest for more power. If i were going new, then Nordic would be a good bet. Good luck!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Registered

So looking looking around this may run me 20,000. Does this sound right or am I not looking in the right areas?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Curious, and there is probably a perfectly good answer,

What does Nordic have to do with putting power in one of their boats? This is assuming the cutout for the transom assemly is there, and power is reasonable, say a 502 mag or 496ho?

This is assuming you're not going to glass in the transom and do something radical like add a number 6 drive.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

I assumed he was talking new power since it was not specified. If I were repowering new, I would bring it to the manufacturer personally. Warranties, financing etc would obviously work better with a licensed dealer installing it in the boat. But since he is not, classifieds would be the best bet.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

Here is an engine for sale with exhaust in the classifieds.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-take-out.html

My Heat runs the same engine, and I run into the low to mid 70s with it. Your Rage would be a beast Just need an XR behind it and you are good to hook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.