Finally pulling the trigger >

Finally pulling the trigger

Notices

Finally pulling the trigger

Old 07-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

I would guess you will pick up close to 500rpms going from 30" 5 blades to 30 Bravo 1's. Slip % will also go up.
Did the new oil psi senders give you accurate readings????
Old 07-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Griff, I haven't received the Livorsi senders yet they should get here Tuesday or Wednesday. As far as props I will try these out then I have a good baseline to go by. Randy
Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well I think it's time to get the prop guru's involved, I started with -2" storties with a 1" spacer and 32p bravo 1s. 82mph @ 5200rpm. 22% slip. Boat felt kind of loose but still very much in control. Changed out the lowers to stock length XRs with 30p 5 blades. 83mph @ 5000rpm 13% slip. Boat felt much more planted & stable. Today same stock length lowers 30p bravo 1s 83mph @ 54-5500rpms 19% slip. Boat felt kind of loose again same as with the 32s. My thoughts after this test, Just for grins & while I have them I think I will re try the 32s with the longer lowers just to see but I will talk to Brett & see what he recommends. I have not tried swapping the prop direction as I have no idea what that will do with this hull. I like the maneuverability of the 5 blades but at the same time I don't want to be any harder on the drives than I already am with this power. Any suggestions? Randy
Old 11-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Randy whatever happened with this
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Randy great work. I recently became a member and reading through the rebuilds ion OSO is amazing. Don't think I could tackle a project like this. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome ChrisL, stimleck, I have been running different props & settled on the 30p Bravo1s for now. After breaking the engines in & dealing with a couple of pesky gremlins I went boating all summer, made lots of noise & burned a lot of gas. I went from 68mph up river & 70 down to 84 & 86 up & down. Overall I am pretty happy with the results, I think there is a little left on the table prop wise but I'm not sure I want to spend money on labbing the props for the river. ChrisL all I really did with this boat was clean up the engine compartment & a repower, that's not too tough. There are people that are doing some really cool stuff on here & are very open and free with their knowledge so if you want to do something to yours all you gotta do is ask. Randy PS if I could figure out how to load a video on here I have a couple of fly bys @ 80+
Old 11-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JErylDSJ-ik
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522172[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522173[/ATTACH] A few updates for this year, The coolers were not cooling enough on hard runs & too cold while idling around. New finned 420 valve covers & some Eddie Marine flame arrestors. I think with the headers mounted it is going to look great. Randy
Attached Thumbnails Finally pulling the trigger-1st-day-spring.jpg   Finally pulling the trigger-1st-day-bling.jpg   Finally pulling the trigger-cooler-bling.jpg  

Finally pulling the trigger-facelift.jpg