Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
What engine stand/cradle do you like for marine motors? >

What engine stand/cradle do you like for marine motors?

Notices

What engine stand/cradle do you like for marine motors?

Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
I just got my drive stands in the mail today and the motors are next. I got rid of all my old engine stands when we moved so I need to get some new ones. I will be pulling the motors to redo the bilge and check the motors over. Motors are gen4 454's. Suggestions?
FYI Make sure you marine oil pans do have a clearance issue with the stand. I use on occasion the Jegs "jegster legs" for my BBC. Had to make a small mod to clear the pan. Anything that bolts ONLY to the 3-point area on the side of the block is sweet for use with a bravo cover.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

As for the rotating stands the cheapies get the job done, and you can add reinforcement if need be. My 420's chill out pretty nice on the shop floor with a bit of a lean when the offshore mounts are attached so that works well. For other projects and long term storage I just fab up my own with scraps and 4 swivel casters. Plus it makes you feel better when you make $hit yourself.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 454captiva
As for the rotating stands the cheapies get the job done, and you can add reinforcement if need be. My 420's chill out pretty nice on the shop floor with a bit of a lean when the offshore mounts are attached so that works well. For other projects and long term storage I just fab up my own with scraps and 4 swivel casters. Plus it makes you feel better when you make $hit yourself.
10-4 on makeing the stuff yourself.thats whats its all about.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Here is a link to the Outdrive Jackstands "fuelinAround" purchased. Units in stock ready to ship.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o20513-en.html