Hit a wall...in my project. >

Hit a wall...in my project.

Notices

Hit a wall...in my project.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
LoL...going through the saaaame thing to....owned this boat for a year and a half, NEVER had it in the water since i owned it...started with a quick paint job and engine refresh , and snow balled into full resto, with 509's whipple charged..... well the has been painted once, and the guy that did it the first time did a $hit job, so I'm repainting it myself (what i should have done in the first place)
so its now ready for the next paint job (next week) changing paint sceme, and going to newer cig logos, the motors were finished yesterday, redid the whole trailer, and many times i wanted to through in the towel, but when one piece gets done and i move to the next it keeps me moving foward, and you got to know when its good enough, time to move on to the next thing, take it from me (perfectionist) if you try to make everything perfect it will never get done......Joe
Going for a nice boat ride usually helps too... tcwcar riding shotgun....

http://youtu.be/9FBXGTzQams

Last edited by blue thunder; 10-17-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am there right now!!!! It is tough when you have run into a ton of negatives when your trying to make positive progress!!!! Seems I got all the rough stuff taken care of and just have no motivation left!!!

I hope that everything comes together for you with the boat! I feel your pain!! And yes, this site has helped and I have found some good people here for positive reinforcement as well!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep at yours man, you have to see it run. Actually taking mine out and even running it twice for a short while helped me. Let me know I liked it and will give me fuel for this next winter.

I have lots to do still, already came up with a very ambitious list for this winter.

Brian
Old 10-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I just finished climbing over that wall for the past 3 years.. I hate to say it but every minute counts... But, you have to do it at your own pace.. Stick with it. You will feel very rewarded when its completed.. You will actually miss having a project also..
Old 10-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Sprink as I said in your other mine is a usable project. Visions visions visions. Lol. If I'm home from work and you just wanna get away come on over to the left coast of Florida and we will go for a boat ride and have a beer. Projects require breathers and relaxation also.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you do have one advantage over most of us. if you finish it in january, you can still run it out into the stream...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
you do have one advantage over most of us. if you finish it in january, you can still run it out into the stream...
This is true...and I never take it for granted.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
This is true...and I never take it for granted.
Ready to try mine again. I have tomorrow and Thursday which are looking nice. Problem is the 3/4 ton burb is in the garage in front of the TT as we just used it. Needs to be cleaned and winterized. Wife needs the other burb for running kids around at some point both days.... man, the pressure is mounting.... Gotta run it.

Brian