Sonic Bilge Redo Project Thread

Notices

Sonic Bilge Redo Project Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
+1. Good thread though!!
There is no better time. Couple hours with someone that knows what they are doing. A day or two for someone who does not but still could be done easy enough.
That motor is screaming to be unleashed with just a couple simple upgrades.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Motor out sitting on the floor, intake not looking so good, winter on the way......
New intake, cam, roller rockers, and some GLM exhaust would get you bunch of HP and drop about 100 lbs from the package.
PS, if your intake looks bad what's you exhaust look like?
These are the 330 engines right?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
There is no better time. Couple hours with someone that knows what they are doing. A day or two for someone who does not but still could be done easy enough.
That motor is screaming to be unleashed with just a couple simple upgrades.
Exhaust was replaced last season. All brand new. Honestly right now I want to stay as stock as possible. I have had zero motor problems and don't want to open a can of worms by opening them up. I would lik to upgrade the interior and dash before I get into he motors.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
These are the 330 engines right?
Yes sir 330's
Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

One thing you might want to do while the motors are sitting on floor is remove all the freeze plugs on the block and replace them. Easy job. When they are out you can flush block really good and see all the crud and sand that needs to get out of nooks and crannies. Should only take an hour or two per motor. You'll be surprised how much chit is in there.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonicss42
One thing you might want to do while the motors are sitting on floor is remove all the freeze plugs on the block and replace them. Easy job. When they are out you can flush block really good and see all the crud and sand that needs to get out of nooks and crannies. Should only take an hour or two per motor. You'll be surprised how much chit is in there.
Air chisel? Screw driver and hammer? How do your flush them? Fire the motors and let the water run through there.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd replace bilge pumps and float switch while you are in the neighborhood. Cant get to them without pulling a motor.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
I'd replace bilge pumps and float switch while you are in the neighborhood. Cant get to them without pulling a motor.
That stuff will be replaced for sure.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
Air chisel? Screw driver and hammer? How do your flush them? Fire the motors and let the water run through there.
No, don't run with the freeze plugs out

Take the front mounted water pump off and put a hose in there with the plugs out, if you decide to go that far.

U can also just flush the block with a hose with that same pump off, plug the thermo hole and water will run through Everythjng and back out the other side. With good hose pressure u might be surprised what comes out
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DONT TOUCH FREEZEPLUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER BIG CAN OF WORMS !!!!!!!!!! Good Luck Josh !!! Call me .....You know I got the good stuff for motors !! hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.