Gen 5 fuel/sea pump...I need a change.. >

Gen 5 fuel/sea pump...I need a change..

Notices

Gen 5 fuel/sea pump...I need a change..

Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
Ya I know it works fine, but I am thinking about a blower upgrade next spring and while the motor is out of the boat I might as well change it right?
A blower? Thats paints a whole new picture. Forget what I said about the fuel pump. You will need this fuel pump and this regulator, and if you do go with a blower...go with a Blower Shop Blower and not that B&M or Weiand crap.

fuel pump...

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13156...fuel-pump.aspx

regulator...

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13163...regulator.aspx
Old 11-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
Ya I know it works fine, but I am thinking about a blower upgrade next spring and while the motor is out of the boat I might as well change it right?
Might as well wait until you add a blower to upgrade the fuel system. Depending on what you do, you might have to change all the fuel lines to bigger ones and add a return line to the tank. No reason to do stuff twice.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would recommend running power thru oil pressure switch controlling a power relay to feed electric pump, larger wires and takes load off primary control circuit. same setup as diesel truck lift pump. install momentary switch as primer to get fuel, you would splice into wire after oil pressure switch(OPS)
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
A blower? Thats paints a whole new picture. Forget what I said about the fuel pump. You will need this fuel pump and this regulator, and if you do go with a blower...go with a Blower Shop Blower and not that B&M or Weiand crap.

fuel pump...

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13156...fuel-pump.aspx

regulator...

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13163...regulator.aspx
For starters, he doesnt need a A1000 pump and boost referenced regulator to add a roots blower.

As for the Weiand/B&M being crap, I will bet my a$$ nobody has produced and sold more superchargers than either one of those companies. B&M was making their own street superchargers back when Trans Am's and disco were cool.

I've got a B&M 420 Megablowers making 805HP non intercooled under 7lbs of boost, on 468 Inch pump gas motors. Underdriven 7%. Running a Holley 6 Valve self regulated mechanical marine pump with 1/2'' ports, supplys the fuel just fine.

BBCLIBERATOR, theres nothing wrong with the sea pump style fuel pump. When your ready to bolt a blower on, Keith Eickert makes a pump to fit it that will supply the fuel. And if thats not enough, CV products makes a even better pump for that.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
For starters, he doesnt need a A1000 pump and boost referenced regulator to add a roots blower.

As for the Weiand/B&M being crap, I will bet my a$$ nobody has produced and sold more superchargers than either one of those companies. B&M was making their own street superchargers back when Trans Am's and disco were cool.

I've got a B&M 420 Megablowers making 805HP non intercooled under 7lbs of boost, on 468 Inch pump gas motors. Underdriven 7%. Running a Holley 6 Valve self regulated mechanical marine pump with 1/2'' ports, supplys the fuel just fine.

BBCLIBERATOR, theres nothing wrong with the sea pump style fuel pump. When your ready to bolt a blower on, Keith Eickert makes a pump to fit it that will supply the fuel. And if thats not enough, CV products makes a even better pump for that.
amen brotha!!
BTW the Disco and trans am's are still cool
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
amen brotha!!
Hell ya they are still cool. I miss my Mint Solar Gold 78 T/A with the 400 and T-tops. Lots of late nights in that car! At least a few young women got their own personal "tramp stamp" from the carpeted driveshaft hump in the back seat! Rug Burn is a sob.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
amen brotha!!
My TA was a chick magnet, matter of fact that's how I met my wife. With a 150 shot of Nitrous they weren't too bad either. I logged more miles over 100 in that car that all my others combined. Funny thing was, I never got a ticket in that car.