Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Cracked Merc/Gill exhaust Options? >

Cracked Merc/Gill exhaust Options?

Notices

Cracked Merc/Gill exhaust Options?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Merc/Gill exhaust Options?

I am new to the sport but have good engine building knowledge but not sure what to do at this point. Had twin 502 500HP's now I have one, thanks to a small crack in the exhaust. Engines have 600 hours and now I dont know if I should change all exhausts on both engines since one is already out. Already planning on replacing springs and head gaskets on the good one. looking at the hardin stainless shorty so I can keep the existing risers and silent choice.

Thanks

38 fountain fever
Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Have 2 pr. gil manifolds in swap shop cheap if interested. Needed long risers and got rid of silent choice so went w/ new exhaust.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayne272
Have 2 pr. gil manifolds in swap shop cheap if interested. Needed long risers and got rid of silent choice so went w/ new exhaust.
Thanks but my cracked Gil is going to cost me 5K in repairs, just not sure I want to take that chance again. my wallet says take the chance but my head says replace all. Presure tested the other side and it is good just wandering what happen to this side.