Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Engine upgrade in process.  ADVICE >

Engine upgrade in process. ADVICE

Notices

Engine upgrade in process. ADVICE

Old 04-11-2013, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Huge power in a 21' Baja is going to take big balls to run wot .Make sure your insurance is up to date
Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone even know how this hull will handle power?

Might or might not be the right platform to build on.

UD
Old 04-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersco
NOt a problem Motor, glad you clarified!
Guys I'll be getting the specs yet this week to cuve your interest. This engine is going to produce HUGE power.

Thunder, i did not say that a funny car guy build my engine but only machined in their shop. Not into throwing out names but i believe there are only 2-funny car champions from central ohio.

SIngle + no kids = toys
Give us some engine specs, cam, compression, induction setup, etc. Im sure we can take some stab's at what power it will make.

I have no clue what funny car champs are from central ohio. John Force, Cruz Pedragon, tony pedragon, Kenny Bernstein, actually, those are the only funny car champs I can think of at the moment!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by motor
Huge power in a 21' Baja is going to take big balls to run wot .Make sure your insurance is up to date
Not just the boat insurance either. Might wanna up the Metlife policy too.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i think he means blown alcohol funny car.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Valid points made about power vs hull design, my H2X felt pretty loose with a 454 mag but not bad. At least he is taking safety serious enough to upgrade steering & drive before the boat gets wet. Not sure if that boat has tabs if so i'm sure they are the Bennett sport tabs, that might or might not be enough. If the power is too much he can always put it back stock & sell it to get something that will handle the power. One last thing I am thinking is if the boat hooks up well with that kind of power it will be a rocket up to a certain point. That's how my Eliminator was & it was a blast to drive til it got to about 80-85mph. JMO Randy
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You know a 25' eliminator is a lot more capable than a 21' Baja taking huge power . I agree it should be a rocket ship and if treated with respect would be fun .Problem is if OP has a couple cold ones and thinks he needs to air it out ...JMO
To OP ...be carefull
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is why I posted "to a certain point". I talked with OP when he started this thread & I think he is aware that stuff happens very quickly at speed. I look at it like this, With added power comes added responsibility especially when someone someone elses safety is concerned. Good luck with the build & be safe. Randy
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jersco
NOt a problem Motor, glad you clarified!
Guys I'll be getting the specs yet this week to cuve your interest. This engine is going to produce HUGE power.
Hydraulic steering and new XR out drive are coming nxt week.
Again i'm not a engine guy but, i know how to fip a house or give you a custom kitchen.
Thunder, i did not say that a funny car guy build my engine but only machined in their shop. Not into throwing out names but i believe there are only 2-funny car champions from central ohio.

SIngle + no kids = toys
Any updates on the engine build? Dyno sheet?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered

We just got started again as of Friday. Family problems with my stupid brother, and grammal milked me good. Sold a house friday and wrote a check for the engine guy. updates soon to follow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.