Help with cam selection for Dart 454

Notices

Help with cam selection for Dart 454

Old 04-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by zx6rr33
do you have a camshaft recommendation for my set up? Any chance i could make 500hp with these heads and pistons with the right cam without worrying about reversion? The carb is a holley 850 dp and it has gil manifolds with magnum choice risers. The engine is for my pachanga 22 and i'm hoping to get her moving north of 75mph.
you really dont want to be going much faster then 75 in that hull,,a friend of mine riped the whole bottom off a 22 pachanga with a 540,,around 700 hp..
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the boat rotten? I've read about a lot of 80+mph Pachanga 22's. Took the engine apart and found a clogged oil pump pick up so it's now at the machine shop to go through the entire engine and most likely rebuild the entire thing. Guess it's going to be an expensive season. Still interested in your cam recommendations. It doesn't currently have a roller cam set up but I'm considering installing that now.

Last edited by zx6rr33; 04-25-2013 at 02:05 PM.