Deck hatch ram came unglued from the hatch-25 Baja Outlaw >

Deck hatch ram came unglued from the hatch-25 Baja Outlaw

Notices

Deck hatch ram came unglued from the hatch-25 Baja Outlaw

Old 05-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deck hatch ram came unglued from the hatch-25 Baja Outlaw

Well, caught a bad wave and boat landed hard and the round part that attaches under the bottom side of my deck window hatch/ram came off. Someone said use 3m 5200 or the fast cure 5200 stuff. The bottom part looks to be just black plastic and the deck hatch is maybe acrylic or some other type plastic???? (maybe lexon I think they call it?). This is in a 25 Outlaw. Would like to just do this once. I see that Loctite made a two part type adhesive? Appreciate any inputs, do not want to do this twice!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Get the back plastic looking stuff off and get some good 2 part epoxy for glass. Forgot which one I used, but worked!! Tape it in place and i also put a board on the floor holding it up so the weight of the hatch was pressing it down.

You can't buy just the part or call the factory, they only sell the hatch glass with that piece "welded" on..

×EDIT: bottom? Where attaches to frame with screw or dog latch that attaches to glass.. no force on screwed part.. would have had to hit pretty hard to break that.. either way.. get some good 2 part epoxy for plastic.

Last edited by nailit; 05-27-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: reread! which side?