Should of researched 496 raw water pumps on here >

Should of researched 496 raw water pumps on here

Notices

Should of researched 496 raw water pumps on here

Old 06-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should of researched 496 raw water pumps on here

I recently purchased a 06 Nordic with the 496HO. It only had 82 hours but I decided to have the impeller changed for good measure and piece of mind. The shop said the housing was scored pretty good and recommended replacement. I said go ahead at 800. Ingot home later in the day looked on here and dang it appears I could have done better. The stainless housing kits appear to be cheaper and better. Now in have the crappy OEM for much more. Live and learn I guess.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Registered

and did you get your overheat issue fixxed?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Registered

Don't worry too much. That OEM pump should be good for 300 hours. Mine was. I am surprised that your original one was too badly scored for use at 82 hours. In any event, you should be good to go now.

Dan
Old 06-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Registered

I didnt really have an overheat issue. I just thought it was a good idea since the boat was on the river some and it being good preventive maintanence. Ya I am good now and I am assuming the river had something to do with the scoring. The impeller was pretty bad too probably original bent over good and cracked.

I just would have done the stainless for cheaper if I had known. I am no putting some time in on here with my new to me boat so I am prepared.