aftermarket 575sci  thermostat housing >

aftermarket 575sci thermostat housing

Notices

aftermarket 575sci thermostat housing

Old 10-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket 575sci thermostat housing

anyone find a better way to go other than getting ripped off by merc at 1295.00 each, any one try a cross over system
Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 08-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Registered

Hi,
I know this was an old post, but did you ever figure out an aftermarket thermostat housing for the 575sci? Mine is a mess and I tried to repair it with epoxy but I would like to consider a Crossover kit with a thermostat housing. Thoughts? I know many people are against this but I am not sure if those people actually experienced issues or not. I can't believe Teague would sells these if they in fact did not work. What did you end up doing?
Old 08-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

What kind of issues were caused by yours being a, "mess"?
Thanks
Old 08-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Registered

The ends, where the water hoses attached have pieces broken off. It looks a lot better after I epoxied it but I am concerned the thermostat will not fit properly any more since it is no longer machined so the thermostat fits snug in the housing like before. The pressure check balls may also have some gaps as a result of the epoxy job. I guess if I have some water pass through the thermostat an pressure check balls it may not be that big of a deal. I don't believe I will have any external water leaking.

I like the simplicity of the crossover and separate thermostate setup but I hear many concerns about this setup. Any experience with aftermarket crossovers and removing the circulation pump? I am wondering if everyone that seems to have a technical concern about the crossover setup has actually install and test one and has experience or they are just giving their personal advice.