Just bought a sticker cutting machine >

Just bought a sticker cutting machine

Notices

Just bought a sticker cutting machine

Old 10-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Mpt I have tons of Cig stuff if you want it in pdf files, just remember you can also cut 3m spray mask with your plotter for the guys painting names and logos on, painted all my logos on, the spray mask is like a stencil, tried to use vinyl as a stencil one time and had problem getting the glue off, from the vinyl. I used the plotter and cut all the logos in reverse, some I had to do in steps because of different colors, but just wanted to give you a heads up on another avenue of income if your starting a sign buss. I do a lot of work for body shops and painters with the spray mask...

And if anybody wants it I have tons of Cig logos in vinyl, and spray mask, all sizes, the oval and the word cigarette, some striping and other stuff if to, if anybody wants it, hate to see go to waste, and theres a lot of it, all from when I did my boat, just let m e know....Joe

I worked in a body shop for years that a huge reason I bought it. I'm also going to use it to cut blast mask so I can make parts out of lexon and sandblast things in them,then back them with LED lights to give a cool effect at night.... If you could send that cig stuff it would be real cool. That logo seems to be a big challenge.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MissBehavin777
Never had any luck with the 12mil. I have those Donzi files if you want them. What program are you using? Some of the PDF files cut weird I have better luck converting to vector files.

I found some of stuff to do that ,but after more thought disposable mask will prob be the best bet. Thank you for trying. I would like to try the Donzi stuff if ya don't mind..... I'm really looking for the scorpion logo but anything donzi would help a lot.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Registered

Any boat stuff would be cool.... Really anything that ya think is good to start with would be great. Thank you
Old 10-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
I found some of stuff to do that ,but after more thought disposable mask will prob be the best bet. Thank you for trying. I would like to try the Donzi stuff if ya don't mind..... I'm really looking for the scorpion logo but anything donzi would help a lot.
Like I was telling you before I use the disposable mask and it works great. Yea I'll get you the files and I think I have the scorpion logo not quite sure I'll check. Can u cut vector or do you need PDF? My phone went into the drink had to get a new one so I don't have your number anymore. If you have mine shoot me a txt. I have a whole flash card of random stuff for plotters fonts, window tint cut outs, almost every logo under the sun, clip art, etc.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

I'm
Not sure what I need... I think vectors will work ... Like I said I'm new to this I have a lot if learning to do

Text sent
Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

vector is all you need in whatever form for whatever utility you choose to work in. I still like coreldraw to do most of my stuff from sctatch but I cut from an old version on signblazer elements, some day I'm gonna get the extension that allows me to right from corel.

I cut miles of mask media, that was the primary reason I got the machine In the first place. vinyl is cheap though and all my friends have cool stickers in the back windows of there trucks lol. its a pretty cool toy that has many uses, just keep playing with it the more time you get on it the easier it gets.

.eps is one of the most recognizable formats

brandsoftheworld.com has tons of vector files for just about anything. I usually have to massage them a bit before I feel there ready to cut.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-21-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

Thanks Dave,

It gets frustrating at times, I got some files from rookie I'm trying to work with. Still fighting a few things.... Not sure if its the files or me...prob me
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

what programs do you use?

one common mistake beginners make is trying to open foreign files directly in a program, you need to use the import command. when I do artwork in corel I export my final cut file as an eps that is recognizable by signblazer, if I were to export as the parent cdr it would not open. my way is actually a bit unnecessary as you should be cutting directly from you graphics utility but it stems from me using corel years prior to getting my plotter. most people use AI or Flexi both of which I have but just haven't been able to make the switch yet.

theres actually a lot of guys on here that are really good at vector management. I consider my knowledge still pretty basic but I do learn new commands all the time.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-21-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

I'm using sure cut a lot pro. I have a feeling it's a basic program that can't do as much. I'm prob going play with it for awhile and looking to getting a better program. I'm very new to different file names(jpeg,PDF,vector,). I wish there was a class I could take on graphics design.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

mptrimshop, Those were DXF autocad files converted to PDF files. I had to convert them over to PDF files so the vinyl guy could cut me my hatch sticker.
Let me know if you need something converted again.

Jason

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510574[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a sticker cutting machine-hatchvinyl1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.