Notices

Baja question

Old 11-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja question

Looking to see if anybody makes some kind of reinforcement bar for rear of baja under engine hatch I've noticed when my hatch is up and the weight of the hatch in on the hinges I noticed a lot of flex in fiberglass any ideas??? Thanks
Old 11-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

I have a 1999, 29' Outlaw and have not noticed anything of that sort on my boat, but it seems it would be easy enough to remove the pad and through bolt a aluminum angle to reinforce it.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered

Sorry I prolly should have made more sense I meant like the fiberglass on the boat it's self where the hinges bolt down not the sun pad itself thamks
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bajahammer21
Sorry I prolly should have made more sense I meant like the fiberglass on the boat it's self where the hinges bolt down not the sun pad itself thamks
Whoa......that does not sound good or right, but I still would look at through bolting a piece of aluminum angle. May be tougher to get to but if that area is flexing just under the weight of the hatch I would think that cracks are going to start showing up, so I think your on the right track looking for something to reinforce it.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

My hatch ram is mounted on the helm side does that sound right?? It was like that when I bought the boat but I was kind of thing that this was causing the problem
Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered

I've just noticed a lot of other baja switch 2 rams or 1 mounted In the center it just seems like it being mounted on one side doesn't even the weight out
Old 11-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

my H2X had the same problem with 2 rams. They weren't in sync so the hatch went up uneven, plus they tried to push the hatch forward while going up. Sold the boat before I got to that issue. Randy
Old 11-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered

Yeah I figured there had to be a better design that's just asking for trouble
Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512042[/ATTACH]I think if they used a single piano style hinge instead of 2 or in my case 3 smaller hinges it would spread the load better. My hatch also included the rear seat back which made the hatch that much heavier, although I liked the ability to sit on the seat to work on the engine. Randy
Attached Thumbnails Baja question-114.jpg  
Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

My hammer is identicle to your h2x in the rear I might look and see if there was a spot for the second ram because the backseat is part of my sun pad as well and yes lol extremely heavy haha thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.