Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
M3 Procharger install.....Move PS pump??? >

M3 Procharger install.....Move PS pump???

Notices

M3 Procharger install.....Move PS pump???

Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you use the stands that I made along with the 7/16 studs you can't mount the p/s of the bracket. If your gonna run the cog stuff I would use the stands/ studs I made and get the brackets I told you to get. I already had all that stuff mounted on my motor...
Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
If you use the stands that I made along with the 7/16 studs you can't mount the p/s of the bracket. If your gonna run the cog stuff I would use the stands/ studs I made and get the brackets I told you to get. I already had all that stuff mounted on my motor...
Hey man, been trying to pm you. Inbox is full. I lost your email.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
My guess is your gonna see a lot more than 50hp. Even with low boost(6-7psi), decent heads and decent cam, I don't see why you couldn't do 725 easily. That 174 blower on a 516ci, was a waste of effort lol.

Will it be intercooled? What's the rest of the build
Yes intercooler. Rest is 8:1 comp, 088 heads that went to Valako, full roller and the cam is comparable to the crane 741 grind. Full dry stainless marine exh. Dart intake. Carb is going to be whatever Nickerson says it needs to be.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry man box empty. That thing will make way more than 50-75 more. Should make 800 without even trying.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

226 how much boost do you plan on running I assume at 5500-5600 rpm?
Old 12-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
Yes intercooler. Rest is 8:1 comp, 088 heads that went to Valako, full roller and the cam is comparable to the crane 741 grind. Full dry stainless marine exh. Dart intake. Carb is going to be whatever Nickerson says it needs to be.
Should make some nice power for sure. With those parts, I can see 800+hp.

I don't know how good Nickerson is with Blow Thru Carbs, But I can tell you, C&S makes a great blow thru carb.

You'll have all the power you'll need with that hull. You'll probably be able to run a conservative boost level, and conservative tune, and be well within the limits of the hull and drive, (assuming you have a Bravo style drive).
Old 12-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
The boat is an 89 Baja 250 sport. There is absolety no place to mount PS on the blower bracket.
the boat means nothing, I have in my lap right now the install manual for a carb 454-502 and YES the p/s pump DOES mount below the blower on the procharger main mount...if you have a fax # can fax you that section..
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Should make some nice power for sure. With those parts, I can see 800+hp.

I don't know how good Nickerson is with Blow Thru Carbs, But I can tell you, C&S makes a great blow thru carb.

You'll have all the power you'll need with that hull. You'll probably be able to run a conservative boost level, and conservative tune, and be well within the limits of the hull and drive, (assuming you have a Bravo style drive).
nothing against nickerson carbs,but roger at c&s is the absolute best for blow threw carbs,he built some for some m4 procharged engines i did and the worked wonderfully.we had some other brand carbs to start with[not nickerson]and had tons of problems.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
nothing against nickerson carbs,but roger at c&s is the absolute best for blow threw carbs,he built some for some m4 procharged engines i did and the worked wonderfully.we had some other brand carbs to start with[not nickerson]and had tons of problems.
I can attest to that. Not to mention, how nice was it to speak with Roger at the Expo about his product, then, when the dyno tuning took place, a person who actually answers his phone and walks you thru the tuning of his product. First class imo. Also, those carbs idled fantastic and low speed performance was night and day compared to the other guys carbs.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Been running a Nickerson tuned carb for years, runs great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.