Notices

Cockpit Carpet

Old 02-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cockpit Carpet

I searched and didn't really find the info I was looking for. I am replacing all the carpet in my 1992 24 Outlaw. The cockpit, up the sides, floor boxes, the boxes in each corner upfront that hold the front speakers, front panel of the back seat, front cabin wall, and cabin.

Mine has glue in carpet, and I am going the same route. I was told to just grab indoor/outdoor carpet. Has anyone gone this route and what did you experience? The stuff I looked is Olefin which is the same as marine carpet.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Replaced mine in my 87 240 3 seasons ago, still looks as good as new. Got it from yourautotrim.com

Slightly more soft then indoor outdoor but still water resistant ect. Did the whole cockpit in 6 yards I believe.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ealesh33
I searched and didn't really find the info I was looking for. I am replacing all the carpet in my 1992 24 Outlaw. The cockpit, up the sides, floor boxes, the boxes in each corner upfront that hold the front speakers, front panel of the back seat, front cabin wall, and cabin.

Mine has glue in carpet, and I am going the same route. I was told to just grab indoor/outdoor carpet. Has anyone gone this route and what did you experience? The stuff I looked is Olefin which is the same as marine carpet.
def dont get indoor/outdoor carpet from hd/lowes. i tried it once and after a couple trips out it quickly turned to crap and i had to rip it out and scrape off the glue.

i grabbed 20oz carpet from www.boatcarpet.com and then I took "indoor/outdoor carpet glue" easily found at home depot or lowes and its cheap and holds VERY well. take a small notch trowel and spread it out, push and position the carpet. you have a couple minutes before it starts to goo up. then push it down with a rolling pin, i used an old spray paint can and pushed it down into the glue.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Good to here, I got indoor/outdoor form a carpet warehouse. I got a 12' X 15' piece which I think will replace every piece of carpet in the boat. I am trying to figure out how long it will last on the cockpit floor, as in the cabin it will probably last forever considering most is covered by cushions and out of the sun and elements.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Registered

Thank you for the link man, definitely the most reasonable price I saw. Is that the midnight star color or charcoal? Looks damn near identical to what I got
Old 02-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

Well looks like I am going to return this carpet i got, the guy that helped me at the store must have not known what he was talking about. I was looking up the carpet to see the specs on it, and had a hell of time trying to find it. Well thats cause it isn't even indoor/outdoor, its commercial loop carpet. So I am going to return it, and then order some from the boatcarpet.com.

kaOtyk - what color is the carpet you posted from there website? I was looking for something similar
Old 02-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ealesh33
Well looks like I am going to return this carpet i got, the guy that helped me at the store must have not known what he was talking about. I was looking up the carpet to see the specs on it, and had a hell of time trying to find it. Well thats cause it isn't even indoor/outdoor, its commercial loop carpet. So I am going to return it, and then order some from the boatcarpet.com.

kaOtyk - what color is the carpet you posted from there website? I was looking for something similar
classic 20oz charcoal.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Corinthian marine has a nice selection as well, but I think they're slightly higher prices.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

Yea they are ALOT, way overpriced in my opinion. Wholesale is like $3 a sq ft. Retail I think is around $5
Old 02-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Registered

www.snapincarpet.com

Corinthian is good stuff. You get what you pay for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.