Notices

hp 500 exhaust

Old 02-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hp 500 exhaust

Will the Eddie Marine Thunder with long risers work on an hp 500? Thank you for any input.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see why not, that's what I have on mine. Its not a true HP500 but I built it with all the same coolers and brackets, I run a bigger cam than they have. But I will tell you I did run into a few "issues" . Thanks to all of the OSO people, I too was able to adapt and over come them. Here is what you will or at least I ran into when putting them on.
1. The power steering line will hit the manifold. - The Fix: I installed the line and GENTLE & SLOWLY bent the metal tube coming out of the pump until it fits. (see pic)
2. If you are using the 4 outlet thermostat housings (see pic of HP500 motors) then you will have to do 1 of 2 things, you can either install a Y fitting and connect the feeder and the
by-pass hoses together, 1 for each side or do what I did and buy a different housing (and it looks bad azz too).
3. I made all of my feeder hoses out of 2 preformed hoses, a total of 4 hose I hacked up to make 2. I got tired of ordering the wrong hoses.

Hope this helps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]518651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]518653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]518654[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hp 500 exhaust-motor-boat-s.jpg   hp 500 exhaust-power-steering-s.jpg   hp 500 exhaust-38333_7.jpg  

hp 500 exhaust-thermo-t-s.jpg