Used blowers Kit questions >

Used blowers Kit questions

Notices

Used blowers Kit questions

Old 02-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jsbrowni
The blowers are for tall deck and have BC carbs. It looks like there is no way to tell what motors I have with out breaking them down or buying the regular block manifold?
You can tell if it's a standard deck or tall deck by looking at the distance from the water pump mounting hole to the deck surface
Old 02-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Do your research. You can slap a set of blowers on your engines and they could run like crap or explode. There are a lot of different parts used in an NA engine as opposed to a blown engine. Should have a forged crank, blower pistons with proper heads and most importantly the right cam. Blowers are hard on internal engine parts. I got away from them when I built new engines. I loved the feel and sound but my NA engines get me where I want to go, just as fast and will last longer before I need to tear them down. Do the homework and do it right the first time.
i must disagree,a supercharged engine that is built correctly with the right high quality parts will run many trouble free hours and to make the same power with a n/a engine it will cost much more money to try and make the power a good supercharged engine will make.to say that a blower is hard on internal engine parts is a general statement that is usually incorrect.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you to all that replied to my questions. Based on your questions of me and feedback I realize that I am not ready for such a task and probably would have wasted some $. I'll do some homework and try this again next winter.
Regards,
Shawn