Notices

Major Oil Leak

Old 02-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I did the lever thing. Had just switched my props to spin back out at the helm by swapping cable mount points. Put it all back together and p would not start, was pissed... And was sweating my b&$$ off.. Pulled levers back out while sweat is now pouring off my head and that damn lil switch has slide out a lil, pushed back in and vrrrroooom vrrrrrooom,
Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A little update for all, yesterday I dropped the exhaust manifold on the port side of the port engine, the bottom of the pan was dry. So then I removed the distributor and spun the oil pump like recommended to do and WOW the remote adapter was leaking like a sieve, ordered a new one with lines and hopefully on the water by this weekend. Thanks for all the help, and I especially appreciated the DUH stories, makes me feel like I know I am still not the most intelligent guy out there...............LOL. NOW off to a great summer for all
Old 02-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm assuming you also ordered the two seals .One is like a thick oil filter gasket for perimeter of adapter the other goes on the fastener/sleeve up the center of adapter

Last edited by motor; 02-19-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

I ordered some kit that had several seals etc. had to come from Fond du lac. So I am assuming it has what I need
Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel bad about the neutral safety switch, I was at the lake with my Scarab and a family was at the dock swapping the battery out of their truck into their boat, and it still wouldn't start so they were about to pull the battery back out to put in the truck and back the trailer back down to get the boat but I talked them into letting me check it out for them first and all it was is the shifter wasn't in neutral. they didn't even know it had a neutral safety switch or that you could push the throttle only button to throttle up without going into gear.
The only reason I even thought of it was I had done it myself once after selling my jet and getting an IO boat.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Don't feel bad about the 'doh' moments... my exploder wouldn't start one day...thought I trouble shooted it to the fuel pump. spent 2 days dropping the tank 3/4s full, to replace the tank laying on my back in the street. got finished, still didn't start. called a friend who is a mechanic by trade. He came over, opened the hood, tapped on the fuel pump relay and said give it a try. fired right up. 2 days work, 200 dollar pump for nothing.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Registered

Well all fixed, rockin and Rollin, awesome oil pressure,. Thank to all for all the help