How to pressure test a block.. >

How to pressure test a block..

Notices

How to pressure test a block..

Old 06-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to pressure test a block..

Well found some milky oil today. I think I have a intake gasket leak or a head gasket leak after I got the motor hot memorial day weekend. Had a hose blow and shut the motor off at 230 degrees..but I know it climbed higher after I shut it off. So I think I might have a intake gasket leak, that is slowly leaking water into the motor. Its not a ton of water, nothing like if it was a cracked block. Just enough to make it look like coffee with creamer in it. So how can I pressure test the motor, to see if I have any leak down. I have a cross over on the motor too..
Old 06-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Which hose blew off?
So to pressure test it, block your outlet cooling hoses with line clamps. pressurize the water inlet line. Look and listen around the exterior of the motor, listen around the exhaust and intake for leaks.
230 and rising, that's really hot for a motor that runs a fluid that boils at 212.
Once you fix the motor make sure to correct whatever caused the original problem. fix what made it hot.