why my engine vibration at 1000-1500 RPM

Old 06-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

firing order 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 just check new distributor new coil
Old 06-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to ask a couple of things but I've now lost interest with your problem...Good luck with your worn van motor in a boat........Don't mean to be a Richard ..but I am
Originally Posted by tk350
the engine I remove from yard (2000 chevy van 3500) balancer same fly wheel used from boats
will check firing order
Old 06-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

try balancer that came with 2000 van motor. what year was motor came out of boat?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered

Not everyone that owns boat has a lot of money. I would assume that the used motor was all he could afford right now. We should still try to help him.

tk350....There are a lot of things that can be causing the vibration as was stated by others in this thread. Check to obvious stuff first (motor mounts, distributor cap, plugs, etc). Could be the harmonic balancer as stated previously as well. Is it backfiring, missing, coughing or anything? When you get above 1500 rpm does it smooth back out? We need more info.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:11 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Richard Motor can you tell us your set up and what your ride is and how well your app runs since you like to give some up here a hard time. Man cut some slack dude as it seems you like jumping on people. Do you even own a freakin boat.

OP are you asking what firing ordering is or just saying yours is correct ? You need to post as much info as possible about what U have done and what you have as far as set up. what ignition system are using ? Will have to say that a stock auto base engine will not give U reliability down the road if not sooner rather than later. What balancer are you using - How did you install the engine coupler, hopefully in a proper pattern and 3 pass proper torque spec, did you align the motor properly ? how is your U-joints, Do have solid spark firing on all 8,

Again you need to post as much info for the correct help so that people can help you correctly.

Last edited by BUP; 06-22-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Last 2 BBC I had come in with 1500-2100 rpm vibration ,first had wrong flex plate, could see windshield shake from 1500-2100 rpm ,second flex plate backwards ,that one worse .yours prob runs te std trans style flywheel less choices theelieve .if someone slipped you a 305 crank (same casting part# as 350 bfferent balance and some lighter pistons ..well ..
Old 06-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can spell I promise , Verizon hates me
Old 06-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Registered

I am not cheap for build engine
I was re build many engine for car and truck 5.7-4.3-3.8 even northstar 4.6 as myself
I never work on boats this is my first time
the boats I had 17ft long original 4.3 upper unit 1.84 ,I took engine out because it crack block when I buy, that why I went to yards get vortec engine from the van and it had 4 bolt main and it shown 84.000 mile on van .I took all the parts out I keep block ,piston ,rod ,crank, cylinder head.....the cylinder bore it not wear out to me crank I bring to machine shop they check out and polish for me, other wise I get all new part from summit and jeg upper unit I change gear to 1.47 with mercusier tools ,when I test the boat I few engine lose rpm ,and I find down engine shaking when I test run on my drive way, that why I go on line look help and learning more from here I try to up load some picture and video for your guys see only my English not much too explain for people understand here but I understand what you mean thank again
Old 06-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ok, so he has a 4.3 flywheel on the 350. and apparently the 4.3 balancer. is a 4.3 an externally balanced motor? it is a 350 with 2 cylinders sawed off the front, so maybe. if so balancer and flywheel are the culprits. i put a 400 small block in my antique sundancer trying to get over 35 mph. i bought a 400 flywheel which turned out to be 454 flywheel. just above idle boat shook so bad it looked like railings around bow were gonna break off. as far as richard is concerned, i never rebuild boat blocks. i always find one that spent it's life at 2000 rpm with antifreeze in it instead of a raw water-salt water full throttle engine. tk350, are you running the van cam? or did you get a marine cam? that wouldn't be shake problem, but giving away power using an emissions cam in a boat.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 06-23-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I do like to give my opinion, even if it doesn't agree with yours...Is that jumping ...Did you write that a van motor wouldn't be a good boat motor? Until the op explained ,I took it as he pulled motor from van and put in boat .Not that I should answer ,but yes I have and have always owned at least one boat, usually more...the last 40+ years. If you don't like what I post ...I really don't care....Don't worry ,be happy. I don't think I come off as the all knowing ,as you do...You can call me dic. Have a good day ,I will
Originally Posted by BUP
Richard Motor can you tell us your set up and what your ride is and how well your app runs since you like to give some up here a hard time. Man cut some slack dude as it seems you like jumping on people. Do you even own a freakin boat.

OP are you asking what firing ordering is or just saying yours is correct ? You need to post as much info as possible about what U have done and what you have as far as set up. what ignition system are using ? Will have to say that a stock auto base engine will not give U reliability down the road if not sooner rather than later. What balancer are you using - How did you install the engine coupler, hopefully in a proper pattern and 3 pass proper torque spec, did you align the motor properly ? how is your U-joints, Do have solid spark firing on all 8,

Again you need to post as much info for the correct help so that people can help you correctly.

Last edited by motor; 06-23-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.