Notices

Raw water pump

Old 07-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Raw water pump

Stock 496 HO was running along looked down saw the water temp rising on starboard engine shut it down as the alarm was going off, looked in the bilge and the water pump spit the seal out and then the shaft walked out and the serpentine belt was thrown off.Limped it back to the slip. Long story short 12 marina's and not a single Gen 7 brass body pump to be had in about a 60 mile radius around Fox Lake!!!! I had to have it air freighted in with Sunday delivery!!

I rebuilt the old one using a kit from After Market Marine didn't want to take a chance reusing the shaft that spit out of the pump. The kit was well built and it's a good design just curious if anyone has ever used this or any long time experience after a rebuild? I thought worse case it would get me by till I could order a new one through normal channels and not take the pain of overnight Sunday delivery again.

http://www.amarket.com/im496shaft.htm
Old 07-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Hardin.