Maybe the dumbest question ever >

Maybe the dumbest question ever

Notices

Maybe the dumbest question ever

Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My question is how does the water drain from the mufflers? They definitely
Go up hill to dump out of the boat. And I believe they also have a silent choice diverter at the back of the riser to go they prop if you zoom in. Definitely 10lbs of sh!t going on in there.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:03 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The answer should be those are fugly in a I/O sportboat. Anyways Centek makes a lot in the way of mufflers and water box exhaust mufflers like whats in the pic.. Those are common in bigger cruiser style boats and some what the same design that the inboard ski boat engines use but most of them go into one long box and come out either 2 exhausts or just one out the back.

Last edited by BUP; 10-09-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

You don`t need no stinkin mifflers or mufflers!!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL Iced I do, its one of two consolations I need to provide to the wifey to keep spending money on boating.

Space for guests and no straight thru exhaust.
Sadly I cant afford 2 boats so I need to compromise with one boat and a small ball and chain
Old 10-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Corsa makes baffled elbows that are used by many manufactures that install thru-hull exhaust that exits out the side. I have them on my boat.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Thats actually a perfect photo because I can run mine the same way using an opening through the bottom of the swim platform or out the side like a cobalt I found some smaller metal units online and can now consider some performance exhaust. Or maybe I can go full gangsta and use pvc pipe!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]530769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]530770[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
I believe it was 25 outlaw vs 26 scarab here was the boat pictured.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/30031

And the mufflers Boom!

Attached Thumbnails Maybe the dumbest question ever-bilge-before-painting-but-after-cleaning.jpg   Maybe the dumbest question ever-corsa2.gif   Maybe the dumbest question ever-pvc.jpg  

Old 10-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Cant you just put turn downs off the pipes as shown on the pvc above? Shouldnt need mufflers and you get the sound once your on plane... or does she want it on plane also??
Old 10-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my recent engine removal/ tear down I found out that I am running "Dry" exhaust through double jacketed gil risers as seen in pics.... so the exhaust exits the boat at or below the water line but one on a plane it's not bad but water still exits through the tips.... very nice setup

Old 10-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Registered

LOL Nailit this is going to an embarrassing place , I should say screw it my boat my exhaust! but I kind of like the quiet option lots of times as well.
My boats a heavy slow dog and beer drinking and socializing takes up lots of the time, I just want to be able to add good heads and a cam to get som extra speed but the quiet need holds me back

p.s. a year ago I would have bolted on upgrades and grenaded my motor from reversion, thanks to the great folks on this board I am learning before spending
Originally Posted by nailit
Cant you just put turn downs off the pipes as shown on the pvc above? Shouldnt need mufflers and you get the sound once your on plane... or does she want it on plane also??
Old 10-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I also have the Corsa baffled elbows/tips. They quiet the sound at idle but you still get a good roar at speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.