Getting a hard alarm but the computer doesn't know why >

Getting a hard alarm but the computer doesn't know why

Notices

Getting a hard alarm but the computer doesn't know why

Old 10-31-2014, 09:34 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Would have to know what is stock and what is not on your apps I thought you had a 100 % OEM stock 377 CID. This non stock app throws everything out the window when they are not stock anymore nor a stock tune. So your ECM 555 was reflashed and your max rpm range is now is 5600 ? If that's the case it would had to be reflashed by someone, if so whom ? . Next have no idea what ignition set up you have now - is it the stock HVS distributor and cap and rotor ? If so it needs to be phased 100 % properly when reinstalled not what someone thinks it needs to installed at.

Mecruiser alarms / faults as described 2 ways - sticky faults and non sticky, you have a non sticky fault persay (mercruiser words) . For me to explain all of this up here I do not have that kind of typing ability nor the time how all that works and the reasons why and the causes.. I will go back to say it all over again more info is needed as I had no idea your app was modified. Modify MPI engine is a completely different ballgame.. You need to post everything about your engine including any modifications, ECM reflashed and what all the new parameters are set at, example rpm range, over rev limit rpm, guardian mode still active, engine temp lowered and reflash for that and so on. Any sensors changed to a different Ohm range ? Ignition set up what is it currently. Throttle body stock and the intake stock. Is the cam stock ?

Last edited by BUP; 10-31-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey BUP, just fyi these are builds I did last year for Capt. I've got the boat now to fix his overheat and we'll take it out on the lake afterwards and see what's going on with alarms. I bet it's water pressure. I built and dyno'd the 400HP 6.2's with aftermarket intakes. Mark Booze tuned the ECM555s (about 6 times..LOL)

[QUOTE=BUP;4212308]Would have to know what is stock and what is not on your apps I thought you had a 100 % OEM stock 377 CID. This non stock app throws everything out the window when they are not stock anymore nor a stock tune. So your ECM 555 was reflashed and your max rpm range is now is 5600 ? If that's the case it would had to be reflashed by someone, if so whom ? . Next have no idea what ignition set up you have now
Old 11-08-2014, 01:06 AM
BUP
Banned

Thanks for the info as I was saying the same about the water pressure and or water pressure sensor. Post 9, paragraph 2.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:34 PM
BUP
Banned

Can you post the complete fix for your app after it is completed. Thank you