light film of oil in coolant water >

light film of oil in coolant water

Notices

light film of oil in coolant water

Old 01-08-2015, 12:13 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

OK the question in hand now is Where are U located ( what country) ? just asking because I have never gave or had anyone give me comp #'s in BAR readings and I have done a zillion comp tests plus look at a zillion from others.

check carb and possible complete carb overhaul and new floats. what did your spark plugs look like ??? carboned up or oil somewhat fouedl or black or good ? What was or is your fuel pressure readings ? have you replace the mech fuel pump as of late ? Possible too much fuel pressure. Just throwing out ideas.

Last edited by BUP; 01-08-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry, from germany.

The spark plugs are colored black to brown. but more black then brown. A repair kit for the Quadrajet is already on my desk. i wasn't check the fuel pressure so far. can do that next time. Wasn't also changing the fuel pump. it is a original OMC. Was thinking of to buy a red Edelbrock Fuelpump. But with the new spark plugs and wire the engine sounds much different to with the old stuff. i mean it sound more like a big V8. Sounds really good. :-)

So i will check Fuel pressure and overhaul the Carb + changing all the fuel lines and filters next time.

Thanks for your Help! Sorry for my bad english.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely rebuild the quadrajet, they don't like to sit at all. It's a very easy rebuild, just make sure to get all of the passages and orifices perfectly clean. Once you do get everything going, be very very very gentle with the OMC stuff, especially an old electric shift stringer drive, like you have. Instead of it's original meaning, the new words for the OMC acronym are Obsolete Marine Company as parts are either expensive or impossible to find.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Strikemike
sorry, from germany.

The spark plugs are colored black to brown. but more black then brown. A repair kit for the Quadrajet is already on my desk. i wasn't check the fuel pressure so far. can do that next time. Wasn't also changing the fuel pump. it is a original OMC. Was thinking of to buy a red Edelbrock Fuelpump. But with the new spark plugs and wire the engine sounds much different to with the old stuff. i mean it sound more like a big V8. Sounds really good. :-)

So i will check Fuel pressure and overhaul the Carb + changing all the fuel lines and filters next time.

Thanks for your Help! Sorry for my bad english.
Ayuh,.... What yer seein' in the exhaust water could be excess fuel from a poorly runnin' motor,.....

Did ya change, gap, 'n dwell the points in the distributor,..??
Set the Timin',..??

Rebuild yer carb, 'n check the fuel pressure from the pump, oughta be 4 to 6 psi,....
No need to throw away a good pump,...