Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Greasing a Coupler -- EXTREME DIFFICULTY - NEED URGET HELP >

Greasing a Coupler -- EXTREME DIFFICULTY - NEED URGET HELP

Notices

Greasing a Coupler -- EXTREME DIFFICULTY - NEED URGET HELP

Old 04-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your still stuck simply push the gun on hard and pump.... during the pump pull back and feel for the realease that should release the lock and vacum
Old 04-10-2015, 08:50 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Pliant
If your still stuck simply push the gun on hard and pump.... during the pump pull back and feel for the realease that should release the lock and vacum
I agree. Since the gun went on, I'm also thinking that that ball (seal) in the zerk stuxk and the gun hydraulic'd on the fitting. Anything to break the seal will work. If it's a rubber whip you could try to cut it and see if that releases the pressure.

Once this thing get's off some how, I would check the zerk to see if it's not letting you puch grease intothru it.

I have needle attachments just for this.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
If you are trying to do it wearing a skirt, I suggest trying again wearing your big boy pants.

Lol,lol,lol,lol.

Sorry had to ! And I'm sure you where nervous about these remarks before you got enough nads to post this issue.

Everyone - this was pretty funny !!! Thank you so much - I really did laugh.

I try to keep this in perspective -- It's just a boat - no flesh, bone -- Just a boat!

I'll try a couple of the suggestions (except start the engine) tomorrow and Lord willing it will come off. I'll post my results. If it doesn't come off I'll take it to the Marina and let them play with it. -- It's just a boat!

Thanks to all

3pointstar
Old 04-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Pliant
thats what she said...

Old 04-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

phragle, I bet she has a bigger tool than any of us do!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
I agree. Since the gun went on, I'm also thinking that that ball (seal) in the zerk stuxk and the gun hydraulic'd on the fitting. Anything to break the seal will work. If it's a rubber whip you could try to cut it and see if that releases the pressure.

Once this thing get's off some how, I would check the zerk to see if it's not letting you puch grease intothru it.

I have needle attachments just for this.
I agree sounds like the ball in the zerk is not opening, and you are hydraulicly locked, like SB said either cut the hose or unscrew it slowly from the gun end
Old 04-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

FIRST AND FORMOST --

I WANT TO THANK ALL WHO ANSWERED (even the Harbor Freight Add- LOL) AND OFFERED SUGGESTIONS.-- I GOT THAT SUCKER OFF!!!!

I had to remove the bilge blower hoses and then play astronaut and contort myself into the bilge area. Finally after trying everything everyone suggested (except starting the motor) I took a VERY LARGE screwdriver and pried the grease fitting off the zerk-- looking at the grease fitting -- it was painfully defective -- that will be the last time for Harbor Freight anything.

Again thank you all so much for your help

Lord willing the boat will be splashed today and let the season-for me begin-

Please all be safe this year

3pointstar
Old 04-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Registered

Glad to hear you got it off. One of the best tool investments I have ever made was buying a high quality cordless electric grease gun. Between hitting all the points on the boat and then the bearing buddies on the trailer, a manual gun would wear you out. Now I have to be careful to not over grease things.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a grease gun at wok that is pipe with a hose on the end for hard to reach fittings, there is a sleeve over the pipe that slides over the hose so you can rock it off of stubborn zirks. Any way I was going to suggest if this happens again, remove hose as you di d and slide the smallest diameter pipe you can over it and it will rock off easily, I think most adjustable and available at napa etc.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
thats what she said...

And if at first you don't succeed try again and again and again again and again and again...... it will eventually just pop........

Last edited by Pliant; 04-11-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.