Notices

Reprogramming ECMS

Old 04-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup. there is and app in development but as noted. no one is really pushing at this point
Old 04-23-2015, 03:03 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes sir I know. The marine EFI has started to come along ways but still far behind the auto side. Marine standardization will be here within 3 to 5 years. Kind of like but not to the extent of the auto side with OBD II back in the days.

I need to rephrase MEFI 6 is used in the marine field - OEM stock tune. No one messing with it as reprograming for improve gains and mods.

The outboard world still wondering when the EPA will drop the hammer for the CAT system as well.

Last edited by BUP; 04-23-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:38 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Back to the poster and the Volvo 302 in which is a 5.0 ford.

Again for the correct info just in case deaf ears who think this is the same as GM MEFI - completely totally wrong

Fords EFI marine world use a EEC-IV = Electronic Engine Control system.. It will require different diagnostic tools as well just to check electrical / computer / ignition functions & problems and if applicable retuning. If the wrong procedures and tools used, it could damage the components of the EEC system. They DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF MEFI = GM marine APPS.

Breakout box to be used between the ECA and the engine wiring harness and used in conjunction with a DVOM. This will check Volts, OHMs,and hertz signals for all the EEC system components along with its circuits and with power off and with power on also Ford Rotunda Equipment for the injector testing and cleaning was recommended during those timeframes..

Another example is a kilovolt tester to check spark output of the TFI-IV = Thick Film Ignition 4 generation ignition system for both close circuits and open circuits.

EEC-IV do not even have the same fault code tests nor code #'s compared to MEFI.

Also the EEC-IV system controller the Electronic Control Assembly = ECA a electronic module that accepts sensor inputs - reads and compares them to control running parameters.

Not my first EFI system to learn about starting way back in 1993 and currently for the marine world nor my last.

Last edited by BUP; 04-23-2015 at 05:26 PM.