Notices

454 questions

Old 05-25-2015, 12:16 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

A PG 260 starter is no difference in a car app or marine app. None.

Mike just a heads up, Arco is an OK electrical product to buy. I have had bad starters from them right out of the box. I have had trim motors last less that a year from them. In my day I use to sell per year 100 to 200 starters alone and about 50 to 100 new starters installs. I do not order Arco stuff anymore and I will leave at that.

One of my venders is telling me they are carrying Delco Remy starters. I know back in the day they use to be really good starters and alternators. I was going to order the current Delco Remy starters to see what the current quality is like. The price seems to be good to. Less than Arco prices.

Last edited by BUP; 05-25-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good service from DB Electrial starters and alternators http://www.dbelectrical.com/
Quick ship, and when I ordered the wrong part they shipped a new one out ASAP
Old 05-26-2015, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
A PG 260 starter is no difference in a car app or marine app. None.

Mike just a heads up, Arco is an OK electrical product to buy. I have had bad starters from them right out of the box. I have had trim motors last less that a year from them. In my day I use to sell per year 100 to 200 starters alone and about 50 to 100 new starters installs. I do not order Arco stuff anymore and I will leave at that.

One of my venders is telling me they are carrying Delco Remy starters. I know back in the day they use to be really good starters and alternators. I was going to order the current Delco Remy starters to see what the current quality is like. The price seems to be good to. Less than Arco prices.
i know what you are saying.i had a brand new merc starter take a crap the first day it was installed,with electronic parts it,s a crap shoot with most brands.when ever i go any place with my fountain i carry a spare starter,solonoid and a crapload of other stuff just in case.ADD IN,these days no matter who you order these parts from,you might be getting junk from china!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
You can also have the original starter rebuilt.

Ask yourself if you use you blower everytime and if you have ever forgotten too.....
I usually just open the hatch and wait a few moments for air to circulate... thats what I had learned from my dad. Not good enough?
Old 05-31-2015, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

did some googling on the subject. i think i'll start running them in addition to opening the hatch http://forum.chaparralboats.com/inde...howtopic=17856
Old 05-31-2015, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sometimes only open the hatch when I want a quicker getaway from the ramp. Haven't blown up yet..... Lol